+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Project 1200

I'm Alex.

I sanded the whole plinth with a block, quite unsure how there's any unevenness but there is. I will wait until tomorrow before rubbing down the primer and hope it's not as bad as I feared.

I'm Geoff.

Could be the filler shrinking as it cures further. Some do.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm keiron.

Yes I had that prpoblem on mine. The filler shrank a little it and you can catch it a bit in a certain light.

Perhaps it depends what filler you used? I used proper liquid metal stuff but probably didn't "blend it in" well enough.

I'm Alex.

Panic over! After sanding back with 800 grit micro-mesh the unevenness has disappeared. Very strange but it seemed as though the primer layered up thicker on top of the filler. After sanding I ended up with a very nice looking plinth in primer:

I've sprayed on a couple more coats of primer and after more sanding I'm ready for painting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Russell.

Looks awesome! And yes, primers are made to fill in the low areas, you're not imagining it. I can't wait to see it all together!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Jim.

Looking wonderful! Keep the photos and updates coming!
    SP-10Mk2a, Graham 2.2 tonearm. SL-1200, Graham 2.2 tonearm, AT-150mlx, Benz-Scheu Glider. Jim & Ken Super DC PSU, Oil well bearing, Acromat, Isonoes, strobe lamp switched. Pass Labs Pearl 2. Aleph J amplifier. F6 Amplifier. Nelson Pass Burning Amplifier BA-3. Pass BA-PP linestage, miniDSP 4x10, Linkwitz Labs LXmini speakers, Sony SS-M7 speakers.

DIY In progress - Syclotron Red Light district valve amp, ZenMod "Iron pre" autoformer jfet preamp, SYclotron 'His Master's Noise' valve phonostage. And about 2-3 other projects in various states at any time.

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by alcarmichael View Post
    Panic over! After sanding back with 800 grit micro-mesh the unevenness has disappeared. Very strange but it seemed as though the primer layered up thicker on top of the filler. After sanding I ended up with a very nice looking plinth in primer:

I've sprayed on a couple more coats of primer and after more sanding I'm ready for painting.

Good job! What you're doing now is the most important part of the painting process. A smart man takes no shortcuts here. I'll save the champaign emoji for when you show us the finished job
    We the willing, working for the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
    We have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

I'm Alex.

A bit of a delay as I sanded a little too much on one of the corners and went back to metal. It's only very slight but decided to order more primer. Unfortunately I received an email from Amazon to say there was a delay on the delivery. This is taking aaages.

I'm Alex.

It’s been a long time coming - for a multitude of reasons - but this happened:

I'm Andrew.

Just like mine!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast