+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 24/96KHz on Picoreplayer nor working

I'm Alastair.

Question 24/96KHz on Picoreplayer not working

I have been using Picoreplayer 3.11-audio version with my RPI3 and a Digi+ feeding via optical to my Caiman SEG DAC, producing great sounds. Most of my music is FLAC ripped from my CDs but I recently download a 24-bit 96KHz album from HDTracks only to be dismayed that it appears to play but there is no sound. The PCP web-pages shows everything is working. But then anything else I play in the Picoreplayer then does the same until I reboot it. The same files play happily through my SBTouch into the SEG via optical. Both are streaming via WiFi.

In theory, it all should work. The Digi+ should support up to 24/192 (that doesn't work either) and I know other people have used 96KHz (and higher) with the Picoreplayer. I have tried other 24/96KHz tracks with the same result. As a test I converted a track to 24/48KHz and it plays fine, so it appears to be due to the sampling frequency rather than the bit depth.

I have tried the latest Picoreplayer 3.20beta5 with the same result. The audio version does not work with WiFi (which is a shame, I hope they fix this).

I have searched various fora without success. Is there some hidden setting in Picoreplayer or the Config.txt file to get higher rates to work?
    Last edited by Alp; 08-04-2017 at 09:32.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Alp View Post
    I have been using Picoreplayer 3.11-audio version with my RPI3 and a Digi+ feeding via optical to my Caiman SEG DAC, producing great sounds. Most of my music is FLAC ripped from my CDs but I recently download a 24-bit 96KHz album from HDTracks only to be dismayed that it appears to play but there is no sound. The PCP web-pages shows everything is working. But then anything else I play in the Picoreplayer then does the same until I reboot it. The same files play happily through my SBTouch into the SEG via optical. Both are streaming via WiFi.

In theory, it all should work. The Digi+ should support up to 24/192 (that doesn't work either) and I know other people have used 96KHz (and higher) with the Picoreplayer. I have tried other 24/96KHz tracks with the same result. As a test I converted a track to 24/48KHz and it plays fine, so it appears to be due to the sampling frequency rather than the bit depth.

I have tried the latest Picoreplayer 3.20beta5 with the same result. The audio version does not work with WiFi (which is a shame, I hope they fix this).

I have searched various fora without success. Is there some hidden setting in Picoreplayer or the Config.txt file to get higher rates to work?
    I've not tried anything other than 'red book' with my piCorePlayers, my only suggestion would be this forum...

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ayer-3-20-Beta
    Cheers, Will

I'm Alastair.

Thanks. I have tried that and have Ralphy et al. scratching their heads. I suspect I have a faulty HiFiBerry Digi+ or even RPI3. I might try the IQAudio Digi+.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

+ Reply to Thread