+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Favourite Bit of Kit?

I'm Dennis.

My attachment is usually to what improvements I have made by working on things, so I suppose it is any achievement which is really emotionally satisfying.

One of my pet dislikes is that people with lots of money often just buy what is regarded as the best, and then go around flaunting it as though they have achieved something, other than earning money that is.

I'm Neil.

It's a difficult question because different components would be changed in my system​, for example the Royd RR3s are 83db sensitivity, so respond well to a 90W dual mono amp. With 95+db speakers the requirements change.

I suppose the one component that my system is built around is my Audial Model S DAC, it'll work in any system and sounds like an analogue source (extremely difficult to get with DACs!), but at the same time, I am using obsolete speakers almost impossible to replace, so it would hurt more to lose those...
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Oh Michael Loves Music, that avatar is sublime. Oh to be a bike seat
    Glad you like it Shaun took 45 mins for me to over take them !!!!!

I'm joe.

I'm not emotionally attached to 'things' any more; in terms of hifi the original Exposure CDP has served me well for almost 20 years and would probably be the hardest single item to replace.

I'm Alan.

I would have to say my Studer A810 and my Pioneer PLC-590 turntable

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Neil.

Marantz CD7

Marantz CD94 Mk2

Pathos Classic 1 mk2

Audio Innovations Series 500

Triplannar Mk7

BAT VK52 se

Air Tight PC3

AMG Giro

Music Reference RM200

Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5

A few of my systems components/components I own, that are favourites. There are other items I like a lot too, and in reality there are currently no items I own that I don't like.
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 12-04-2017 at 08:23.
    Regards Neil

I'm Ralph.

Much of my kit is home built. It would give me the chance to start over and a reason to start building again. If I had to save anything I'd start with my album collection.
    Ralph.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Marantz CD7

Marantz CD94 Mk2

Pathos Classic 1 mk2

Audio Innovations Series 500

Triplannar Mk7

BAT VK52 se

Air Tight PC3

AMG Giro

Music Reference RM200

Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5

A few of my systems components/components I own, that are favourites. There are other items I like a lot too, and in reality there are currently no items I own that I don't like.
    Ooooo! You have a triplannar? I am so jealous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Ooooo! You have a triplannar? I am so jealous!

Yes Russel I do, it's a lovely arm. Currently it's mounted on a Technics 1200.
    Regards Neil

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Yes Russel I do, it's a lovely arm. Currently it's mounted on a Technics 1200.
    How stunning! I saw one on a Avid Volvere in a salon, and have pined for one ever since! Often copied, but never duplicated. What are those new arms out? Reid? Looks like a triplanar smoothed down with a wooden arm, very nice actually, And of course the VPI arms with the VTA tower are blatant copies, with a unipivot attached. I'll tell you I see very few Triplanar's used for sale. And if I do, they want top prices, and I do keep my eye out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast