+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Favourite Bit of Kit?

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    I'm having trouble picking between my Maggies planar speakers and my Denon DL-103 cartridge. Both are magical products that create breathtaking music.
    Those are two products that I would love to try in my system. I've read so much and seen so many people who swear by the Denon DL-103, they put them in different bodies, etc. I would definitely like to try one on my rig to hear what all the fuss is about.

And the Maggie's too, I've been wow'ed by Martin Login's before, and Magnapan has been in business far longer. I'd love to hear a pair in my system, too bad I can't rent a pair for a month?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Dave.

Personally I would be lost without my Squeezebox Touch for both internet radio and Spotify. Amps and speakers come and go but my SBT is a constant.

I like everything really. From the britpop bands like UB40 right back to classic rock, like Wings. They're only the band the Beatles could have been.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Those are two products that I would love to try in my system. I've read so much and seen so many people who swear by the Denon DL-103, they put them in different bodies, etc. I would definitely like to try one on my rig to hear what all the fuss is about.

And the Maggie's too, I've been wow'ed by Martin Login's before, and Magnapan has been in business far longer. I'd love to hear a pair in my system, too bad I can't rent a pair for a month?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Denon DL-103 is pure magic. However, I feel that it only reaches its full potential if used with a quality Step-up transformer (SUT).

I would recommend using vintage Maggies (I'm using crusty old IMP-I). Those are old school barnyard door speakers, but their tone in unsurpassed. New Maggies deliver more of a 'new school' hi fi sound, which is not big on tone (more focused on imaging, soundstage, ultra high details). To me, real magic happens when you get a visceral attack, which makes you feel like you're attending a real performance. Both Denon DL-103 and Maggies IMP-I are 100% forced of that visceral delivery, which is something you can rarely hear form most other hi fi systems.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Shane.

Another old favourite, is the Roksan Kandy amp. Any generation of the Kandy is good. They're all well built, and play music....Plenty power too!

S.

I'm Ian.

My Nakamichi CA 5E pre-amp, I only use it for the phono stage which is superb.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm jamie.

as above my nakamichi ca-5 pre but thats been overturned by my townshend elite rock2 turntable,i was very happy with my pioneer plc-1700 but the rock takes it up another level
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    as above my nakamichi ca-5 pre but thats been overturned by my townshend elite rock2 turntable,i was very happy with my pioneer plc-1700 but the rock takes it up another level
    Is it that good jamie?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

For me it's my Teac distinction Ai3000 integrated amp .
    I can't fault it apart from it being in black .

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Is it that good jamie?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    if you mean the rock,yes mate its very good
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player