+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Is Your Favourite Bit of Kit?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Geoff.

I wish this didn't change almost daily!

I don't currently wish to change any of my gear which is unusual for me. I do think that some gear will be with me for life though, especially my TTS8000/SME IV and Art 1, my Technics SH-X1000 DAC and my NS1000M. Picking one amp only would be an issue though; on different days I put one on and love it then I will swap again and love again. They are the Nakamichi CA7/PA7 and the Lentek integrated. I really love them both sonically and aesthetically.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Alastair.

My B&W 804N speakers. Every time I improve the source and amplification they just get better and better, and still look great, despite being over a decade old.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm Edward.

My favourite bit of kit is the bit of kit I have yet to buy.

I love the way (usually) a new bit of kit lifts the music to an even better place.

But as to 'now' - I guess it is my music collection, all digital (approaching 2tb), which I would be gutted to lose, so I have it backed up twice - once in the cloud.

But current hardware I would say is the Radford Revival STA25 and the non oversampling Chevron Paradox DAC (modded a few months ago). The PMC speakers are also high up there.

The bit of kit that would be a pain to lose is the fanless SSD windows 10 renderer I spent some time building and optimising.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread