+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from sunny Langley British Columbia!

I'm Marc.

Default Hello from sunny Langley British Columbia!

Hello, I would like to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Marc and I live on the wet coast of Canada. I am a vintage enthusiast, I collect mid century designs and love all things "hi-fi".
    My current set up includes the Sansui Eight (not deluxe) with speaker relays, a pair of lovely 12" Tannoy monitor golds and a, constantly revolving (no pun intented) turntable that is at the moment a Rek O Kut b12h.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Marc. Welcome to AOS.

We love vintage gear. There's a huge following here.

Classic Tannoys are used by many of us. Myself included.

Tell what music you listen to and if you have any further plans for your system.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Hi Marc. Nice to have another Canadian.. hope you enjoy the forum
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Marc,

Yes, we love 'vintage ' here; in fact virtually all of my gear is vintage!

Some of us would love to see some photos of your Rec-O-Kut turntable.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Welcome to AoS Marc,

Yes, we love 'vintage ' here; in fact virtually all of my gear is vintage!

Some of us would love to see some photos of your Rec-O-Kut turntable.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Here is a photo and a video of it playing a Dave Brubek "take 5" in mono.
    IMG_5275.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEZUOihrKfs
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Marc.

Thanks Grant!

I'm Marc.

Thanks for the welcome Geoff, I listen to Jazz as well as the "standards" from the pop world, y'know Adele, Paul Simon, The Cars, Blondie, Elvis Costello. At the moment I am loving a Blue Note reissue of "The Sidewinder" by Lee Morgan. Its my current favourite!

I am waiting on a Thorend td124 to arrive in the mail and will be mounting the rek o kut arm on it for a while as I build a plinth for the ROK as it currently is in a "briefcase" for some old school wedding DJing I imagine. I also just the other day aquired a nice old Magnavox 9302 with the stock el84/6bq5 tubes all testing at or above new. Really remarkable.
    I posted a video ((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEZUOihrKfs)) of the Rek O Kut doing great with my Sansui Eight and the tannoys.

thanks again

Marc

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by I wish... View Post
    I posted a video ((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEZUOihrKfs)) of the Rek O Kut doing great with my Sansui Eight and the tannoys.

Marc
    Very good. I like that!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Peter.

Lovely turntable, and good choice of bintage gear in general.
    Welcome, Marc ... if I had my time again, I'd probably choose to live in your part of the world btw

I'm Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
    Lovely turntable, and good choice of bintage gear in general.
    Welcome, Marc ... if I had my time again, I'd probably choose to live in your part of the world btw

Thanks Petrat! Yeah the BC coast is lovely but its all perspective, the lack of a solid sense of culture surrounding a relativley
    young city makes it feel a bit two dimensional socially if you know what I mean. The natural world however is really outstanding.

+ Reply to Thread