+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best quote of the day

I'm Oliver.

Default Best quote of the day

"Audiophiles dont use their equipment to listen to our music. They use our music to listen to their equipment"

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Mission 774 OG Tonearm > Toshiba SR 370 Turntable > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Firebottle OTP Phono Stage > Firebottle Monoblocks > Fisual Hollywood Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

I'm Grant.

Very true in many cases Oliver
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.5- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. - PIONEER SA8100 AMPLIFIER. - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - CARTS.. AT95S, SHURE M55E, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Very true in many cases Oliver
    Ye. It made me think so it must be a good quote.

Mission 774 OG Tonearm > Toshiba SR 370 Turntable > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Firebottle OTP Phono Stage > Firebottle Monoblocks > Fisual Hollywood Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

I'm Shaun.

Excellent bit of thinking there

Nottingham Analogue Interspace deck - Funk Firm Achromat - Origin Live Onyx tonearm - Denon DL103
    Marantz CD6005 into an Audiolab M-DAC latest Lake West firmware

Prima Luna Prologue 3 preamplifier - Rothwell MC Headamp
    Prima Luna Dialogue Premium power amp EL34

B&W CM8 S2 loudspeakers

Van Den Hul Teatrack biwired loudspeaker cables
    Atlas Hyper MkII interconnects
    QED Reference Audio 40 on phono stages

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    "Audiophiles dont use their equipment to listen to our music. They use our music to listen to their equipment"

It depends on what day you ask me.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post

Part 2: "When audiophiles realise that they are listening to their equipment, they either quit or spend a lot to get back to listening to the music again. Some are never cured though..."
    Mana Acoustics Racks >> Custom Silent Media Server >> Halide Bridge USB (with AQVOX USB power) >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Part 2: "When audiophiles realise that they are listening to their equipment, they either quit or spend a lot to get back to listening to the music again. Some are never cured though..."

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Hahaha quality. Yes there is no cure.

I'm Dennis.

The real problem I have is that as the Hi-Fi gets better, more objective that is, I hear the music in the barest of forms warts and all.
    I then wonder exactly what it was that I had previously found so entrancing.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    The real problem I have is that as the Hi-Fi gets better, more objective that is, I hear the music in the barest of forms warts and all.
    I then wonder exactly what it was that I had previously found so entrancing.
    Yep, I think it's important to "back off" a bit from the forensic detail, so that the music is allowed to flow properly. You can have too much of a good thing to the point where things like poor mastering start to become a tiring issue.
    Mana Acoustics Racks >> Custom Silent Media Server >> Halide Bridge USB (with AQVOX USB power) >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Oliver.

This is spot on. At Times I really enjoyed listening to music. then I found myself analyzing everything. Its only very recently ive found myself just enjoying things. Its nice to be back at the stage where its enjoyment in the songs. They just sound so much better these days lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast