+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Information for diy power cables

I'm Colin.

Default Information for diy power cables

Currently I have lat cables and supra cables. Through the years and with changes these cables are too long and to be frank not really compliant so take a bit of manipulation. I would like to make some at the correct lengths so does anyway have any suggestions for a reasonable cable that's flexible . I looked at the supra 1.5 which may be ok but would love some recomendations or if somebody knows someone who does reasonably priced custom lengths that would be useful.

Regards

Colin

I'm Kevin.

Have you looked at the Mark Grant DSP power cables? They look reasonably priced.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Colin.

I did have a look not sure if he does specific custom lengths but I may contact him have had MG cables before and found them to be excellent vfm

danilo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    I would like to make some at the correct lengths so does anyway have any suggestions for a reasonable cable that's flexible .

Regards

Colin
    Find a Local building supply store, Buy a 12 ga extension cord and fittings to suit your plugs at both ends .
    Fit them. Could also go and buy some flex sleeving. Plastic Or cotton for that hi zoot ww2 appliance 'look'

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by danilo View Post
    Find a Local building supply store, Buy a 12 ga extension cord and fittings to suit your plugs at both ends .
    Fit them. Could also go and buy some flex sleeving. Plastic Or cotton for that hi zoot ww2 appliance 'look'
    I have considered that as well , if I can get some reasonable flexible Belden cable that would be ok but the last stuff I had was not very flexible.but I am open to all reasonable suggestions.

danilo Guest

That's what I would do.
    Although being skeptical re signal cables I suspect there may be significant variance between such.
    Not so open minded re power cablings though .
    In MY world they are either adequate to current demands ...or they are not :-)

+ Reply to Thread