+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Part # needed

I'm Ron.

Default Part # needed

looking for the part number to order replacement (lost) screws. 1210 M5G, the two phillips head self threading screws that hold down the pitch control assembly from the top. While putting mine back together, these were somehow lost and I used some dirty ones from my misc. screw bucket, but cosmetically they now bother me and would like to replace with nice and shiny new ones.

Thanks!

Ron.

I'm Nick.

Can you possibly send a pic of exactly what you're talking about. I may even have a few extras I could send you're speaking about the correct thing. And be careful using "junk" screws. You can accidentally retread the screw's hole, & then the correct one won't fit.

I'm Nick.

I meant rethread

I'm Ron.

thanks for the help. Like I said, this is the small screw on the 1210 M5G that holds the pitch control assembly in place, there is one screw at the top and bottom.

I hope that link works (I always have problems with dropbox linking pics), if you can't see it, you can view it at https://www.dropbox.com/s/2sejv52yv1...%2042.jpg?dl=0

I'm Nick.

Hey Ron,
    I see exactly what you mean now, & I apologize but I don't have extras of any of those particular screws. I also see how they can be kind of an eye sore to you. Little things like that bug me to no end too. Haha. I own an SL1200 M3D & it's gotta look as nice as it sounds.
    Im sure if you found an exploded view of a 1210 M5G in a service manul, you may be able to find a part number.
    Try vinyl engine. They've got owner's & service manuals for just about everything.
    You could also get in touch with Kevin at KAB. He's the 1200 / 1210 guru & has been for many years. There's nothing he doesn't know about those particular turntables. He's a great guy too. I've ordered many parts from him throughout the years.
    Worst case, you could always paint those screws black, but I'm sure you've already thought of that.
    Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.
    Best of luck to you Ron.
    - Nick

I'm Nick.

Ron,
    If Kevin at KAB can't help ya out, you can always try DJ Henray (got tons of parts), or even green-vinyl to try & source your screws for the M5G. I think they'd just be called Technics SL1200 M5G pitch panel screws.
    Lemme know how ya make out.
    Later man,
    - Nick

+ Reply to Thread