+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS Beresford Caiman Mk2 with Anker Pro Battery

I'm John.

Default FS Beresford Caiman Mk2 with Anker Pro Battery

Up for sale is my Caiman Mk2 DAC/Headphone amplifier in excellent cosmetic and sonic condition. It is being offered with an Anker Astro Pro (20,000 mAh) separate battery as well as the standard wall wart power supply. Both items will be supplied in their original boxes and the battery comes supplied with a large number of different sized tips and connectors to maximise its potential use.

As widely acknowledged, performance of the Caiman is further improved when paired with an external battery although it still sounds remarkably good when used with the standard wall wart power supply.

Two minor issues: I accidentally trod on the mains plug that charges the battery and snapped the plastic earth prong off (which I kept). This has made charging the battery a little fiddly insofar as needing to hold the broken plastic prong with one hand whilst aligning the rest of the plug to the live and neutral sockets with the other and then pushing the plug into the socket. After charging is complete I have removed the plastic earth prong from the wall socket by flicking it out with a small flat blade screwdriver. The second issue is that when in use the battery has occasionally switched itself off requiring the button that shows the remaining charge to be pressed on again. Such have been the audible benefits of using the Caiman with this battery that I have simply switched the battery back on when this has happened.

As a long term vinyl die hard I must admit to having been rather surprised at the quality of sound I have obtained fro CD whilst using this DAC, so much so that I have recently invested in a Chord 2Qute. In my system the difference between it and the Caiman/Anker is certainly not night and day and underlines the performance of the considerably cheaper combination.

I am asking £155 plus postage for the Caiman and Anker combination including the standard Caiman power supply. I would intend to purchase a box of sufficient size to pack both items with a view to minimising postage the choice of which will be with the purchaser.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Sondekker; 03-04-2017 at 15:58. Reason: Price correction

I'm John.

Bump?

I'm John.

I think I had slightly overpriced this combination, so now asking £155 plus postage.

I'm John.

I genuinely thought these would be snapped up at this price. Excellent performing DAC with good quality headphone amp included

I'm John.

Still here.....?

I'm Dave.

I would be interested in the Caiman only, not interested in the battery. Is that an option please?

Cheers

Dave
    I like everything really. From the britpop bands like UB40 right back to classic rock, like Wings. They're only the band the Beatles could have been.

I'm John.

Hi Dave

I hadn't put much value on the battery because of the broken plug and it very occasionally switching itself off and so I would be quite happy to sell the Caiman on its own. I could do it for £140 including Royal Mail second class 'signed for' which includes £50 insurance.

PM me if that's of any interest.

Cheers

John

I'm John.

Battery now sold which just leaves the boxed Caiman with its original power supply.

As per previous post, now offered at £140 including UK delivery

I'm John.

Caiman DAC/Headphone amp still available

I'm John.

Open to sensible offers.....?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast