+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Graham in Norwich

I'm Graham.

Default Hello from Graham in Norwich

Hello. My name is Graham and I live in Norwich, UK. I’ve been interested in HiFi since buying a Leak TL12 mono valve amplifier in my youth and building a speaker for it out of KEF units plus lots and enthusiasm and very little knowledge. It sounded good, and I particularly enjoyed seeing visitors’ puzzled expressions and they looked round the room in search of the other speaker. My first stereo system was a Quad 33+303 and more homemade speakers built from KEF units and rather more knowledge (i.e. someone else’s design, not my own).
    My “main” system came many years later, based on AVI 2000 monoblocks and ATC SCM 20L speakers. Do you detect a pattern here? Small independent old-fashioned British companies. On the other hand I also love my Sennheiser HD800 headphones, currently driven by a Chord Hugo TT DAC/amp.
    Let me be honest and state that the main reason I’m here is that I want to sell some of my stuff. I’m hoping to put some announcements on the Private Exhibitions forum in the near future. But I can see myself getting dragged into other discussions too, as time goes by.
    Oh, my username? it’s my domain (gp12.com) chosen many years ago for its brevity, and containing my initials.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Graham. Welcome to AOS.

Sounds like you've been tinkering with Hi-Fi for quite a long time. Like quite a few here.

Have you got any future plans for your system? If you have we'd like to hear about them.

This is a friendly place and there's a lot going on, so feel free to join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Graham.

Thanks, Geoff. Future plans: none at the moment. Due to house constraints I'm making do with Sonos: two Play:5s (new edition) and a Sub. Not "HiFi" but good enough (surprisingly so) and I can always turn to the headphones if I want to know exactly what's on a CD.
    I forgot to mention the music (! — that's what it's all about). A staple diet of Radio 3 for 90% of the time, supplemented by a Qobuz FLAC subscription. My rock interests go as far as Radiohead but occupy less and less of my time as the years go by.
    For me, live music is always more important than recorded or broadcast. I'd settle for silence in the house so long as I can get to regular concerts.

I'm Grant.

Welcome Graham. Hope you enjoy the forum.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Graham,

Looks like you enjoy classical music.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread