+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Clash of the titans, Alphason hr100 mcs vs Mission 774.

blackstar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    As is commonly known to anyone who hasn't spent the last ten years in Outer Mongolia I'm 100% against the very concept of wiring having any effect whatsoever. Whether it's mains cables, speaker cables, arm wiring etc etc. End of subject.
    What about old and 'seen better days' wiring that might be suffering from dry joints? Or are you specifically talking about replacing wiring in good condition?

I'm jamie.

or in this case 34 yrs old?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Gary.

[QUOTE=Arkless Electronics;855784]As is commonly known to anyone who hasn't spent the last ten years in Outer Mongolia I'm 100% against the very concept of wiring having any effect whatsoever. Whether it's mains cables, speaker cables, arm wiring etc etc. End of subject.[/QUOTE

It's the "end of subject" for Jez because that's what he believes. It's his prerogative.

Doesn't mean it's true.

I along with many others believe cables make a difference, that's our prerogative.

If you don't try for yourself you'll never know.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    yes sorry oliver i agree it wasn't a good write up was it,i just got to a point with both arms and thought,sod it ones so much better than the other whats the point??
    dont get me wrong the mission didnt sound crap at all,just a bit flat,i also get where your coming from when you described it as 'dark sounding'.
    ive checked the bearings and they have no play.

i wanted the mission to be equally as good but it just wasn't on my tt and cartridge,on paper and barry if your reading this please confirm the 2m black suits the mission better,only just though.
    who knows i may still re-wire just for fun and do a re check.

oliver if your ever near brighton give me a call,you are welcome to hear it anytime mate.
    Youre a top fella mate but cant see me being down brighton way anytime soon. Looks like ill have to buy one lol

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm jamie.

oh fuk it,in for a penny.... and in the spirit of a fair contest and im single and the karen carpenter real doll has a puncture im going to re-wire the arm!!

1 question for you all,what should i use for the arm cable to the amp? i was thinking klotz mc5000 but it may be too bulky what do you suggest?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Geoff.

This?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/99-99-silv...YAAOSwrmdTrXfL

It sounds pretty damn good. Although I must admit, I'm using copper litz at the moment (not entirely sure why ).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm jamie.

is there any point geoff going silver for just the wand when the rest will be copper?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Geoff.

I heard a touch more lucidity. I upgraded the cable out to the phono stage too, but that remained copper.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm jamie.

cheers,can you link to that as well please?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    oh fuk it,in for a penny.... and in the spirit of a fair contest and im single and the karen carpenter real doll has a puncture im going to re-wire the arm!!

1 question for you all,what should i use for the arm cable to the amp? i was thinking klotz mc5000 but it may be too bulky what do you suggest?
    Brian made me a Klotz MC5000/MS audio silver RCA cable for the SME and now it's well on the way to wearing in I really recommend it.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast