+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chromecast Audio all you needs

I'm Paul.

if you run LMS on your NAS, you can install the Squeezecast plug in and treat your Chromecast as a squeezebox, then you can play all the stuff from your NAS through the CC as per the squeezebox, including randomly

I'm keith.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    if you run LMS on your NAS, you can install the Squeezecast plug in and treat your Chromecast as a squeezebox, then you can play all the stuff from your NAS through the CC as per the squeezebox, including randomly
    Yes i know i can install the plug in, i have done so, i just dont know how to play randomly through the songs using bubble app and also if it uses the replay gain function. Which is kinda what i asked lol

I'm Paul.

Sorry, misread you. What does Bubble do then, is it an iPeng equivalent? Ive only ever used the Logitech app to control LMS... its crap but it does most of the job....

I'm keith.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    Sorry, misread you. What does Bubble do then, is it an iPeng equivalent? Ive only ever used the Logitech app to control LMS... its crap but it does most of the job....
    logitech app stopped being supported on android ages ago. I use squeezecommander to use my squeezebox now which is a better app but that doesnt work with the chromecast as far as i can see. Bubble is just another app to use for DNLA uses.

I'm Paul.

so to play your own music randomly, id use squeezecommander, tell LMS to use the chromecast as the playback device and away you go. I use an iphone for LMS control and whilst it whinges about the app needing updating, it still works.

I'm Rich.

I have to say I was quite dispondant when I lost spotify on my SBT, but £26 on a Chromecast audio and making use of a Fiio Tashan DAC and Motorola tablet I already had and I'm loving it. Sound quality and ease of use are first rate. I'm converted.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345