+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Chromecast Audio all you needs

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    Did you set the Chromecast for "Full Dynamic Range"? It is not the default.

https://support.google.com/chromecas...90498?hl=en-GB
    it will default to fdr on optical
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Simon.

Yes was aware of that thanks. if you use an optical connection chromecast defaults to full dynamic range but if you use the 3.5mm jack you have to set dynamic range on, but if you use the optical wire you don't get a choice to select on for dynamic range in the 'google home' app, presumably because of this defaulting.

I'm Mike.

Why have it into your streamer and then the DAC, I would have thought straight to dac would be best.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Why have it into your streamer and then the DAC, I would have thought straight to dac would be best.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
    Bizarrely it was better into my streamers digital inputs than straight into my dac/pre digital inputs, and a number of people recommended me that approach. But it was the same with a sonos connect too.

I'm Richard.

I have been using Chromecast for six months now and I much prefer the server side streaming vs AirPlay. Its cheapness also makes it easy to get into many rooms.

Has anyone tried using an SPDIF iPurifier? Sounds like it may make a better upgrade than power supply.

Interesting review here: http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/20...level-results/

I'm keith.

Just playing about with one of these as a possible replacement for my squeezebox classic. Mainly because its now no longer supporting Spotify.

Sounds good into my amp and im playing with the BubbleUpNp android app. I have 2 concerns at the moment though which i cant find answers for. Firstly i cant seem to find an option to play random tracks like i can using squeezecommander. This is if i just want it to play my whole collection on the NAS on shuffle. Can that be done using the chromecast? Secondly, does it support replay gain as all my files have that info in the tags.

Its not a major issue if it cant do those things as i primarily bought it as a cheap way of getting spotify back on my stereo but if its easy enough to do those two other things i may go for the smaller footprint and just run the chromecast for everything.

Incidentally ive been doing some A/B comparisons of the same tracks running from my squeezebox classic>Beresford Bushmaster>Amp and the Chromecast Audio>Amp and i have to say i cannot tell the difference.

I'm Grant.

are you using foobar and its upnp/dlna server to android then into chromecast? if so you should be able to. a while since i ran it but i found good sound wise. the bubble app isnt as pretty as many tho.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm keith.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    are you using foobar and its upnp/dlna server to android then into chromecast? if so you should be able to. a while since i ran it but i found good sound wise. the bubble app isnt as pretty as many tho.
    No, i used foobar to scan and create the replay gain data but im just running LMS on my NAS and playing that through the Bubble app into the Chromecast Audio at the moment.

When i use my Squeezebox i have an option in my Squeezecommander app that lets me play with replay gain or not but i cant seem to find an option to do so using Bubble?

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by skimminstones View Post
    Just playing about with one of these as a possible replacement for my squeezebox classic. Mainly because its now no longer supporting Spotify.

Give this a read...don't throw the SB away yet...

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107615
    Cheers, Will

I'm keith.

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    Give this a read...don't throw the SB away yet...

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107615
    Yea i know about that. My NAS doesnt support it and im not buying a new one just for spotify.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast