+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chromecast Audio all you needs

Default Chromecast Audio all you needs

That's right. This little dongle can be had for about £20 if you look around and are patient.

It has an excellent on-board DAC. Plug it into your amp or active speakers - it's the only source you need.

https://www.whathifi.com/google/chromecast-audio/review

http://www.trustedreviews.com/chromecast-audio-review

https://www.cnet.com/uk/products/chr...-audio/review/

Multi-room feature is now working.

Discuss!
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

I'm Phil.

I think they are great, but mine was much improved when using the optical out into my DAC.

I'm Grant.

Mine too although the dac in it is not bad
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rich.

Try telling that to RPi brigade...

They won't bloody have it, got to be the hard way see.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Barry.

Great for streaming from spotify and the likes, but you can't plug in a usb drive with local files, the Raspberry pi covers both. I can plug in a usb drive to play local files or use airplay to stream spotify etc.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Try telling that to RPi brigade...

They won't bloody have it, got to be the hard way see.
    Ive got and use both. chromecast for spotify and rpi for files. Ive not tried it with airplay. dont want to complicate my already burdoned and severely challenged brain
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit1cat View Post
    Great for streaming from spotify and the likes, but you can't plug in a usb drive with local files, the Raspberry pi covers both. I can plug in a usb drive to play local files or use airplay to stream spotify etc.
    Its fun to experiment in this hobby but other than to satisfy my own curiosity, all my RPi dabblings were a complete waste of time.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I agree, Rich. I ripped most of my CDs to flac years ago, but they have been copied to Google Music.

Can I hear the difference between flac and 320k MP3? No.

Can I hear the difference between the analogue output on the Chromecast and the S/PDIF routed through my Beresford Caiman? No.

I can't get fussed. It ain't worth the candle.

(Well Marco, you did ask me to pitch in again!)
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

I'm Phil.

I've done the same with Google Play. It gives free storage and playback for more songs than I am ever likely to need at high enough quality for my ears. I have just picked up a raspberry pi and IQ DAC but much like Rich it is more out of curiosity and for something to experiment with than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    I agree, Rich. I ripped most of my CDs to flac years ago, but they have been copied to Google Music.

Can I hear the difference between flac and 320k MP3? No.

Can I hear the difference between the analogue output on the Chromecast and the S/PDIF routed through my Beresford Caiman? No.

I can't get fussed. It ain't worth the candle.

(Well Marco, you did ask me to pitch in again!)

I'm Barry.

Dread to think how long it would take me to upload 196 Gb of music files using my slow internet connection, it took long enough to copy the files to a external usb drive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast