+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Eikona 2 Driver

I'm Michael.

Default Jordan Eikona 2 Driver

Has anyone any experience of building a speaker around this driver? Wilmslow Audio offer a kit for a floorstander built with this driver, the VTL. I wondered about the results? Looking at the frequency charts it gets a little up and down and I wondered how this would impact on listening? The kit itself looks easy enough to make. Has anyone built this speaker?

I'm Dennis.

There is a long ongoing thread on this on the old AVI forum, (HDDaudio). Worth a look.

I'm Ian.

I have a pair of Jordan VTLs with the older JX92s drivers and they work very well. Treble can be a bit lively but the general advice to toe them in well works. I'm told the Eikona 2s are a smoother driver with more bass so should sound very good in the VTL.

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    I have a pair of Jordan VTLs with the older JX92s drivers and they work very well. Treble can be a bit lively but the general advice to toe them in well works. I'm told the Eikona 2s are a smoother driver with more bass so should sound very good in the VTL.

Thanks, Nice speakers. Shouldn't be too difficult to fit the new drivers if you decide to go that way!

I'm ROGER.

I am currently constructing my second pair of speakers with Eikona 2 drivers, the first (a Jordan VTL) worked impressively well & was easy peasy to construct, the current ones are my take on the Eikona DCR using 2 drivers per speaker but as a standmount I will post pics of them on here in a few days. If you want to build your own speakers then the Jordan Eikona 2 is a superb quality driver I would highly recommend using.

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by ERICLIMPIT View Post
    I am currently constructing my second pair of speakers with Eikona 2 drivers, the first (a Jordan VTL) worked impressively well & was easy peasy to construct, the current ones are my take on the Eikona DCR using 2 drivers per speaker but as a standmount I will post pics of them on here in a few days. If you want to build your own speakers then the Jordan Eikona 2 is a superb quality driver I would highly recommend using.
    Looking forward to that!

I'm ROGER.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Ready to be polished this week will post more soon as they are

I'm Ian.

Very nice Roger but I think you should go back to VTLs and sell me the drivers you'll have spare Seriously, they look great.

Do you have a pic of your VTL cabinets?

I'm ROGER.

Now back from the polishers, drivers installed & wired in parallel (no nasty crossovers!)

danilo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Attractive speakers.
    Few years back I was on about building a pair of those (or their fraternal twins) speakers (gray ones).
    I liked the look of them .. Still do.
    It was suggested (repeatedly) Not to. As that design was allegedly flawed.
    Shoulda ignored the naysayers.. I suspect.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast