+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted: Arcam Black Box, any model with TDA1541

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    You know there are some refurbed Arcam Alpha 5 boards available on eBay. These could easily be used as a project. Just add transformers, and an SPDIF or USB front end and confident it would beat the Black Box.
    I Had a little chat with myself after reading your post, I was bidding on a black box from portugal which ends in a couple of hours, I changed my mind for the tenth time and bought the cheaper Alpha board at £49. Ive committed myself now so cheers for the nudge, been looking at those boards for weeks, now just got to work out a design around the Pi.

I'm Chris.

I really like the Arcam Black Box with the two TDA1541A chips inside - it's one heck of a musical performer - I own one and use it now and again.

Almost tempted sometimes just to keep it up and running longer than I do.

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    That's a BB3 not a BB1 - that probably won't have TDA1541A DAC housed inside.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by loonytunes View Post
    I really like the Arcam Black Box with the two TDA1541A chips inside - it's one heck of a musical performer - I own one and use it now and again.

Almost tempted sometimes just to keep it up and running longer than I do.
    The one with 2 TDA 1541 dacs? Which one is that? I am leaning towards a more home brew dac now, or I was when I purchased the arcam alpha board, it looks to have better power supplies to start with and looks better for modding. It just needs an AC supply. It will probably end up in the for sale section after I've installed tubes.
    Modified SB Receiver, SB Touch, GustardX16 DAC, Mitchell Alecto Mk2 Upgraded, DCB1 hot rod with BTFSystems LDR and input board, Club27 Kurt Mk2 with crossover upgrade and Laquor pack, Tannoy XT6F, IPL S2TLK CD3, Pioneer PL550 (thanks Andrew) Various TDA1541 CDP's, too much shit I dont use to list.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12