View Poll Results: How do you rate this Album?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/10

0 0%
  • 2/10

0 0%
  • 3/10

0 0%
  • 4/10

1 7.14%
  • 5/10

1 7.14%
  • 6/10

1 7.14%
  • 7/10

1 7.14%
  • 8/10

1 7.14%
  • 9/10

5 35.71%
  • 10/10

4 28.57%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Album Club, April 2017: The Cinematic Orchestra - 'Everyday'

I'm Dave.

One of my favourites - great for listening in the dark....

I'm Martin.

Thanks for the suggestion Neil.
    I thought it was going to be interesting at the start with the Argentine Tango flavour, however after a while I was saying to myself "get on with it".
    So I guess its not my sort of music. Always good to listen to something different and it would be boring if we all liked the same old stuff.
    GyroDec 2M Black, Amplification: Luxman 505ux.
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth HL-K6

Quad 99 CD, Amplifier: Teac A H 500i, Loudspeakers: SCM11

Receiver: Teac CR H500, Loudspeakers: B&W CDM 1NT

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Havana View Post
    One of my favourites - great for listening in the dark....
    Agreed
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by high.spirits View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion Neil.
    I thought it was going to be interesting at the start with the Argentine Tango flavour, however after a while I was saying to myself "get on with it".
    So I guess its not my sort of music. Always good to listen to something different and it would be boring if we all liked the same old stuff.
    No worries Martin
    Regards Neil

I'm Simon.

It reminds me of zero 7 a lot, if you like this you will really like the zero 7 albums, if you haven't heard them. All those bass lines, electronic pianos and use of wind instruments and add in a good vocal.

Added to my tidal playlist I think. Thank you

Check out the latest Tosca album called going going going, if you like electronic stuff - came out in Feb 17. Fantastic dorfmeister/huber collaboration group.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    It reminds me of zero 7 a lot, if you like this you will really like the zero 7 albums, if you haven't heard them. All those bass lines, electronic pianos and use of wind instruments and add in a good vocal.

Added to my tidal playlist I think. Thank you

Check out the latest Tosca album called going going going, if you like electronic stuff - came out in Feb 17. Fantastic dorfmeister/huber collaboration group.
    I like Zero 7 and I just spotted your Tosca post - nice one
    Regards Neil

I'm Simon.

I'd happily contribute a review for May if available. I think I know what it will be judging what I'm listening to a lot of. Easily best new electronic album of 2017 so far for me. Sorry I'm going going going now (and should get to bed) and a clue but no Puccini opera too. Now thats made it obvious.

I'm Loz.

This turned out to be a little lesson for me. Checking out music on my headphones during my lunch break is far from ideal. At home with lights down and a nice glass of the red stuff is more like it. I really enjoyed this album, coming alive on my HiFi at home as opposed to rather dull on the headphones. Great textures, great musicianship. The vocal tracks grabbed me less so but it's going to get further listens so I may change opinion on that part.

I used to have an EP of theirs years ago called 'Diabolus'. Terrific track. Anyway listening to this prompted me to pull out some other stuff from that time in my life when I was listening this kind of thing such as Red Snapper, Thievery Corporation, Fila Brasillia etc. All good stuff.

Thanks for the suggestion Neil. A very good record. I'll give it a limp 5/10 on my lunch break! But a sparkling 9/10 on the sofa in the sweet spot.

Cheers

Loz
    Last edited by HackneyRF; 22-04-2017 at 11:00. Reason: Typo

I'm Mike.

Fabulous album and superbly well made
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Fabulous album and superbly well made
    Glad you enjoyed it Mike.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast