+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wharfedale Dovedale Speakers?

I'm nigel.

that big heavy cone will probably be rubbing due to a sagging spider....as with many speakers of this vintage.
    easily fixed by rotating the driver 180 degrees.

FISH

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by sumday View Post
    easily fixed by rotating the driver 180 degrees.

FISH
    Not necessarily.

It's not usually a problem that afflicts this model in any case.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Jez.

Only the tweeter is dodgy reliability wise on these... it's a bit "fierce" when working as well. A modern tweeter would be a good upgrade.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Loz.

Was in St Leonards on Sea this morning. Made an enquiry on behalf of Dan (Dantheman91). Would the seller budge from his asking price of £170? Not a chance. So no sale! Who knows, you might have dodged a bullet there Dan?
    Last edited by HackneyRF; 05-04-2017 at 20:24.

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    Was in St Leonards on Sea this morning. Made an enquiry on behalf of Dan (Dantheman91). Would the seller budge from his asking price of £170? Not a chance. So no sale! Who knows, you might have dodged a bullet there Dan?
    Thanks for trying Loz as i said via PM greed gets them all no matter of their current value between £70 & 100..

Maybe i did - im guessing they have been their a good while at this price...

Thanks again..
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Martyn.

I don't know about Wharfedales, but if you want cheap speakers you can't beat the pair of Goodmans Ministers I bought for £5.00.
    Yes, £5.00.
    I fitted two new soft dome tweeters costing £15.00 and a speaker designer friend modded the crossovers.
    The working Goodmans tweeter was sold for £70 (!) to someone in Taiwan, who wanted to repair his big Goodmans speakers.
    I later sold the Ministers for £45.00 and the buyer was delighted with them.

I'm Martin.

Hi I have a pair of Dovedales in the recommended larger cab (66 litre I think). I listened to them last night for the first time in a while (as they are in the garden listening room it tends to get neglected in the winter).
    They have a piggy backed supertweeter on them. Powered by a Quantum 207D with a NAD pre.
    Nina Simone sounded very lively.
    Martin

I'm Martin.

Just read the post above. The DDs are sitting next to a pair of early Minsters and a pair of DM3 with the ellipitical drivers. They are all good fun. Pair of Magisters and Dimension 8 down there as well. Need to get the xover upgrade on them.
    Martin

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylanthecat View Post
    Just read the post above. The DDs are sitting next to a pair of early Minsters and a pair of DM3 with the ellipitical drivers. They are all good fun. Pair of Magisters and Dimension 8 down there as well. Need to get the xover upgrade on them.
    Martin
    Ooh wouldn't mind some Magisters again

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123