Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 5117

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm Grant.

opened today..
    Tomatin 14 Year Old Port Wood Finish

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    opened today..
    Tomatin 14 Year Old Port Wood Finish

Tomatin is a fine dram
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Tomatin is a fine dram
    yeah, this one of the better 'port caskers'. ive another bottle stashed. nice and creamy with lots of oak in the finish but keeps the red fruit and cream all the time it goes down and a bit of vanilla too. pretty smooth
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The guy who decided the old 28 unit recommendation should be halved.
    lol, I'll stick to the old recommendations then.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

First for a few days. This is a MoM special. A Glen Elgin 17.
    A half teaspoon of O2 opens a decent glass up very nicely.
    Malty and fruity with a spicy backbone, probably ginger.
    Very nice I have to say. This was just a guess buy.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    First for a few days. This is a MoM special. A Glen Elgin 17.
    A half teaspoon of O2 opens a decent glass up very nicely.
    Malty and fruity with a spicy backbone, probably ginger.
    Very nice I have to say. This was just a guess buy.
    That look like a nice dram Grant
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

2018 Château Peymouton, Saint-Émilion Grand Cru

Château Peymouton is part of the Saint-Emilion Grand Cru Classé, Château Laroque, close to the medieval village. Dating back to the 12th century, Laroque was originally built as a key defensive stronghold – its high position gave it an advantageous view. In the 18th century, its vineyards were first planted, and in 1935 the Beaumartin family took ownership, modernising the vineyards and the estate in the 1960s. 27 hectares of vines have been awarded Grand Cru Classé status, while the remaining 31 are Grand Cru and are labelled Château Peymouton. Soils are classic – red clay over limestone, with some pure clay – which lend density and structure to the wine, whilst also bringing out the intense fruit quality. Open early and decant or cellar.

The 2018 Peymouton is straightforward on the nose, featuring blackberry, briary, scorched earth and light tarry aromas. The palate is medium-bodied with firm tannins and quite structured, displaying blackberry and bilberry fruit and a light marine influence toward the finish. A bit reserved overall, but nicely proportioned.

Producer Chateau Peymouton
    Sub-Region St. Emilion
    Region Bordeaux
    Country France
    Vintage 2018
    Colour Red

ABV 14.50% Drink by end of 2033.

About £23 to £25 a bottle
    Barry

I'm Grant.

sounds like i'd enjoy that one
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

2021 Les Hautes de Saint Martin, Saint-Chinian

Languedoc-Roussillon

Languedoc-Roussillon (often called "the Languedoc") is a historical coastal region in southern France, extending from Provence to the Pyrenees Mountains and the border with Spain. It's now part of Occitanie. The area is a major wine producer, with Vin de Pays d'Oc and sparkling Crémant de Limoux among its best-known varieties. The regional capital, Montpellier, is home to a well-preserved medieval quarter.

This Saint-Chinian wine is from vineyards located at the southern end of the Massif Central and just 20 miles from the Mediterranean coast, which enables the grapes to benefit from long, hot summers and mild winters, resulting in a smooth, rich, full-bodied wine. It won a Gold Medal in the Concours des Grands Vins de France in 2022.

A blend of Syrah, Grenache, Carignan and Mourvèdre grapes, this is a dry wine with medium acidity, medium tannins and a lengthy finish. With bramble, plum and cherry on the nose, and an array of red and black fruits, with a hint of spice, on the palate, this is an appealing wine offering very good value for money.

A very good match for a grilled or roast meat dish, or roasted vegetables.

Made by Alain Rogier, winner of the IWC Red Winemaker of the Year in 2015, this deep and flavoursome red encompasses why St Chinian can be such a great hunting ground for good-value wines. Spicy with a complex, chocolate-textured palate of dark fruits and a delicious herbal twang.

Gold medal winner 2022

ABV 13%

Available from Co-Op at £10.25 a bottle
    Barry

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    2021 Les Hautes de Saint Martin, Saint-Chinian

Languedoc-Roussillon

Languedoc-Roussillon (often called "the Languedoc") is a historical coastal region in southern France, extending from Provence to the Pyrenees Mountains and the border with Spain. It's now part of Occitanie. The area is a major wine producer, with Vin de Pays d'Oc and sparkling Crémant de Limoux among its best-known varieties. The regional capital, Montpellier, is home to a well-preserved medieval quarter.

This Saint-Chinian wine is from vineyards located at the southern end of the Massif Central and just 20 miles from the Mediterranean coast, which enables the grapes to benefit from long, hot summers and mild winters, resulting in a smooth, rich, full-bodied wine. It won a Gold Medal in the Concours des Grands Vins de France in 2022.

A blend of Syrah, Grenache, Carignan and Mourvèdre grapes, this is a dry wine with medium acidity, medium tannins and a lengthy finish. With bramble, plum and cherry on the nose, and an array of red and black fruits, with a hint of spice, on the palate, this is an appealing wine offering very good value for money.

A very good match for a grilled or roast meat dish, or roasted vegetables.

Made by Alain Rogier, winner of the IWC Red Winemaker of the Year in 2015, this deep and flavoursome red encompasses why St Chinian can be such a great hunting ground for good-value wines. Spicy with a complex, chocolate-textured palate of dark fruits and a delicious herbal twang.

Gold medal winner 2022

ABV 13%

Available from Co-Op at £10.25 a bottle
    Need to have a look for that wine
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

+ Reply to Thread