+ Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 512 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474 ... LastLast
Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 5118

Thread: The Wine & Whisky Thread

I'm openingabottleofwine.

We oenophiles are not getting much of a 'look in' at the moment! So:

2015 Château Chante Alouette – Cuvée Montuzet, Blaye Côtes de Bordeux

The history of the Château Chante Alouette – Cuvée Montuzet dates back to 1900 when Francis Xavier and Gabrielle Louise Auclet buy the field. Since 1996, it is Mary-Pierre de Boisséson, who perpetuates the family tradition in this historic vineyard. The origin of the name “Chante-Alouette” dates back to the eleventh century and is justified by the presence of old, many larks “posh” some of which still nest in vines. This family property is located on the heights of Plassac, overlooking the estuary of the Gironde, in the Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux appellation.

Château Chante-Alouette’s terroir extends over a gravely clay soil, on very rolling hills, mostly facing south. The vines are 65% Merlot, 17% Malbec, 14% Cabernet Sauvignon and 4% Cabernet Franc. The vines are cut in double guyot in order to obtain a regular performance from year to year. This vineyard of 25 hectares is worked in a traditional way and produces racy, balanced and harmonious wines.

13% ABV, about £15 a bottle.
    Barry

2018 Château Roquegrave, Médoc, Cru Borgeois

The family-owned Château Roquegrave estate takes its name from its terroir, the Château and vineyard are positioned on one of the highest points in the commune of Valeyrac overlooking the Gironde Estuary. The thirty hectares of vines are certified sustainable and grown on sandy gravel or clay gravel and the wine is made from classic Bordeaux grapes; Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot. Château Roquegrave has aromas and flavours of blackcurrant, and red cherries with hints of violet and sweet spice. The palate is rich and firm with a fresh finish and integrated tannins.

14% ABV, about £20 a bottle
    Barry

I'm Grant.

appologies barry...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Always good to have some wine recommendations.
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

OK - some more 'slurps':

2011 Château D'Aurilhac, Haut-Médoc

Château d’Aurilhac lies in Saint-Seurin de Cadourne, close to the Médoc/Haut-Médoc, just north of Saint-Estèphe. Its near neighbour is the renowned Château Sociando-Mallet. From d'Aurilhac's vineyards, you look down to the Gironde and this proximity to the estuary helps provide a superb microclimate for its vines. In 1983, its vineyards were replanted with new rootstocks, better suited to the local conditions, and quality improved almost immediately. Aged a year in oak, this 11-year-old shows mature fruit and spice box character.

Merlot 49%, Cabernet Sauvignon 46%, Petit Verdot 2.5% and Cabernet Franc 2.5%.

13% ABV. About £20 a bottle.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

having a few of this again and ordered more as its on offer... lol

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

2020 Château De Colombe, Sainte-Colombe, Castillon, Côtes de Bordeaux

Tucked away in Castillon Côtes de Bordeaux, next to Saint Emilion, is award winning Château de Colombe, a tiny estate much neglected until new ownership in 2012. Now it’s being lavished with utmost care in the vineyard and the cellar. 2020 has been unanimously declared as 'exceptional', its fruit deliciously ripe, which has made for a very much ‘drink me now’ style. Merlot with a little of both Cabernets and Malbec, aged a few months in barrel, this red is fruit-rich and supple. For now open early and decant.

Grapes used: mostly Merlot and Cabernet Franc, with some Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec

14.5% ABV About £15 a bottle.

(At the moment it's one of my favourites. )
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Last of the Bunna.
    I've been a bad boy lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Last of the Bunna.
    I've been a bad boy lol
    It’s a very pleasant easy drinking dram
    Regards
    Robin

Origin Live Calypso MK5 turntable, Origin Live Onyx tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    It’s a very pleasant easy drinking dram
    too easy robin.... still ive plenty in stock for another time. lots of their cups too lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread