+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New member - Jensen

I'm Martin.

Red face New member - Jensen

Hi. i am Martin - i use Jensen as i used to be a Jensen Healey car owner - for about 20 years. Sadly no longer.

Always been interested in Hfi and never been able to spend any proper money on it. But I have got now, eventually, a 1/2 dedicated room!.

Thornes TD145 (new from 1978!), running a Shure V15 mk V VMS, into a newish Roksan K2BT, into Gale 401a, fully restored about 3 years ago. Also a Marantz universal UD7007 (to reduce box count) CD/SACD/DVD/Bluray player.

Formative years in the 1970s so very much a rock and prog dinosaur with a big symphony and some jazz/rock thrown in too.

I'm Grant.

Hi and welcome Martin. Hope you enjoy the forum.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello Martin. Welcome to AOS.

Hmm. Jensen Healey. My brother had one for a while. He liked it.

The Gale speakers have a bit of a following here. If you have further plans for your Hi-Fi we'd like to hear about them.

There's plenty going, so feel free to join in the chat. The members are friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Hi Martin, welcome to the forum.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Ian.

Hi Martin, I've always yearned to own an Interceptor but my pockets are way too shallow lol. I really like Marantz kit, nice quality stuff. Welcome to AOS.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Mick.

Hi Martin and welcome
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Gary.

Hi Martin,

Welcome, i have learnt a lot on here in a short time.

I had an Austin Healey...not quite a Jenson ��

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Martin,

Well if you can't have a Jenson, how about an Aston Martin?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Welcome to AoS Martin,

Well if you can't have a Jenson, how about an Aston Martin?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry

Was that how about an Aston......Martin?

I'm Martin.

Thanks everyone

Yup Aston Martin would be great, not sure I can sneak that past my lovely wife. I get to sneak other little stuff - who doesn't?. Mind you, of the few people I know who have had an Aston Martin, they all point out that they are not that comfortable for anything more than an afternoon. Most recent I know drives a Rangie every day but swapped his Aston for a Bentley.

Plans for the hifi are mostly in the digitial arena. I have some stuff on an Itunes folder on a USB drive attached to my router. I can get at it from a laptop with Foobar, another netbook with Jriver, the Marantz UD7007 (got that is clunky...) and the Samsung tele. All get routed through either a Dragonfly or a Cambridge Dac Magic 100 intosyste the Roksan amp.

Just picked up an empty Qnap TS-220 to play with.... Would love to get an Inuous Zen system for ripping and playing. Perhaps for my upcoming major birthday....?

+ Reply to Thread