I'm Phil.

I'm James.

FYI...............
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f..._dmd=1&_ipg=50

(No affiliation to the seller)

Jim.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post

Dang cover cost nearly as much as my last 'table! It has to come off, but I have a damned problem finding a place to put it while I'm playing records? I don't want to scratch it, always a problem.
    Think we have the same problem. Yours seems taller, but mine is a fair bit bigger all round (to comfortably cover a N.A. Dais). It's 5mm thick, and rests upon an armchair when t/t is active. When I had decks with hinged lids (LP12 & Rok. Xerxes) I had to take them off because wall shelves don't allow sufficient front to back space to open it properly.

That's a good deal, £72 (incl.?). My behemoth cost £75 from a local acrylics manufacturer as I made my own design but that was a few years ago. Part of the design brief was that it could support the weight of a cat.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    :

I'm high on music tonight
    Ah, listening to Strauss's Alpine Symphony, eh?

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    Think we have the same problem. Yours seems taller, but mine is a fair bit bigger all round (to comfortably cover a N.A. Dais). It's 5mm thick, and rests upon an armchair when t/t is active. When I had decks with hinged lids (LP12 & Rok. Xerxes) I had to take them off because wall shelves don't allow sufficient front to back space to open it properly.

That's a good deal, £72 (incl.?). My behemoth cost £75 from a local acrylics manufacturer as I made my own design but that was a few years ago. Part of the design brief was that it could support the weight of a cat.
    I guess I got taken, I paid a guy on Audiogon to make mine for some $230! I was a bit puzzled as to why it was so tall when I got it, but, it does allow me to add extra feet, or a Cloud 9 isolation platform in the future and still have some headroom.

My previous ‘tables had hinged lids, a Denon and a Project, but they weren’t tall enough to cover my record clamp so they had to stand open, and then I feared they were picking up airborne vibrations, so I took them off when playing. However they were small enough to lean against the stereo stand, this one needs a better place to rest. But, I must say it really does the job when in place. I could have bought the one that fits on the plinth, but I felt like this one looked more impressive. Maybe it does? But I do like that it keeps dust off of my accessories that I keep under the table. I don’t know if you can see them in the photo, but I keep my carbon brush, my digital scale, and my Zerodust, and a few wrenches under the ‘table for safe keeping.

Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123