+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Car Day this Saturday

I'm John.

Ooh lovely Gary, my favourite colour too

Wish you all the best with it.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Looking great, Gaz!

I've always loved Alfas, for many reasons (the fact that they're 'drivers' cars), and of course the sexy Italian styling, which makes them genuinely look different from anything else on the road... And like you, my sense of individuality means that I've got to drive something different from the norm!

If you want it looking totally amazing, and even better than new, you should get it professionally detailed. Check this out: http://www.rgkdetailing.com/ not far from you either...

Apart from sealing the car against rust (no bad thing on an Alfa), especially with you keeping it outside 24/7 in the Scottish weather, the sheen and finish on the paintwork achieved, after the process has been completed, has to be seen to believed - trust me, it'll be BETTER than new!

And afterwards, the rain just runs off the paintwork, dirt doesn't stick the same, and so you don't have to wash the car as often. Do some reading up on car detailing, mate. I had it done to the Brabster, and the result was fantastic!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Looking great, Gaz!

I've always loved Alfas, for many reasons (the fact that they're 'drivers' cars), and of course the sexy Italian styling, which makes them genuinely look different from anything else on the road... And like you, my sense of individuality means that I've got to drive something different from the norm!

If you want it looking totally amazing, and even better than new, you should get it professionally detailed. Check this out: http://www.rgkdetailing.com/ not far from you either...

Apart from sealing the car against rust (no bad thing on an Alfa), especially with you keeping it outside 24/7 in the Scottish weather, the sheen and finish on the paintwork achieved, after the process has been completed, has to be seen to believed - trust me, it'll be BETTER than new!

And afterwards, the rain just runs off the paintwork, dirt doesn't stick the same, and so you don't have to wash the car as often. Do some reading up on car detailing, mate. I had it done to the Brabster, and the result was fantastic!

Marco.
    Way ahead of you Boss

Been on their website, be booking it in next couple of weeks.
    Not sure which Detail to go for though, will take advice from the guy.
    The photos of other cars he's done speak for themselves...wow.

What kind of Detailing did the Brabster get Marco?

One of the things on the list is the red brake calipers need redone, I see RJK do that too, so will get everything done same time, same place I think.
    Other cosmetic stuff, like replacing faded badges, scuffed footplates and the like I can do myself.
    Be sorting out a proper Stereo in it too, looking into options for that.

So...A wee bit of fettling as I said.
    Mechanically the cars rock solid but as a baseline, cosmetically it's a real clean sheet to start from.

All good, looking forward to working on the car over time.
    A new Project!
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Way ahead of you Boss

Been on their website, be booking it in next couple of weeks.
    Not sure which Detail to go for though, will take advice from the guy.
    The photos of other cars he's done speak for themselves...wow.
    Haha - nice one!

What kind of Detailing did the Brabster get Marco?
    Enhancement, mate. See here: http://www.deep-shine.co.uk/enhancement.html

You'll be amazed at the difference...!

Mechanically the cars rock solid but as a baseline, cosmetically it's a real clean sheet to start from.
    No doubt, *but* if you want a truly clean sheet, in that respect, you should get the engine Terracleaned. The results of doing so are similarly dramatic for your engine, as detailing is for your paintwork!

Details here: https://www.facebook.com/terracleanmotherwell/ Unit 2A, Dalziel Street. 01698 254295. The there guy seems to have a good rep.

You can do some further research on the process (lots written about it on the 'net), but I've had it done to both my Mercs, and it makes such a positive difference to how smooth and responsive the engine becomes. Removing YEARS of carbon build-up, mate, will give your Alfa a new lease of life... If you think it's good now, wait till you drive it after having the engine Terracleaned!

Significantly improved fuel economy, too...

Oh, and if you've been buying cheap supermarket fuel up until now, give it up and start using Shell V-Power or BP Ultimate. You'll feel the difference, and most importantly, it'll KEEP your engine clean and maintain performance, after it's been Terracleaned

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

I get mine washed occasionally
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Spit and polish, then a light dust over with an old pair of tights?

Anyway, if Gaz thinks hi-fi is expensive, as a hobby, wait until he starts getting seriously into cars!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Anyway, if Gaz thinks hi-fi is expensive, as a hobby, wait until he starts getting seriously into cars!

Marco.
    I know what you mean Marco. I had to fork out £60 for a pair of front tyres a little while ago.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Lol - mine (at least the ones I like to use) are nearly £210 *each*!!

See here: http://www.mytyres.co.uk/rshop/Tyres...-XL-L/D-114378

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Justin.

Top wax tip - Bilt Hamber Double Speed. Amazing stuff.

Brera when it came out had me drooling for its arse end looks.

Still looks smart/very cool but better in real life than photos give it credit for.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I'm Gary.

Terracleaning...no idea that was a thing.
    Lots of very positive testimonials, seems a no brainer.
    Getting the car done asap, early finish Friday so see if I can get it booked in for then.
    Not too expensive either, which is good.
    Nice one Marco, thanks for the heads up.

The Alfa has a new set of Pirelli P Zero 19's fitted, knew they were expensive but Zoinks!
    Thankfully a fresh set of boots, no need to replace them anytime soon.

But yeah, get it properly detailed and 9 years of soot cleaned out the engine and I'll be jammin.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 02-04-2017 at 11:23.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast