+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ikeda and Reed Tonearms at Ammonite Audio

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    I'm pretty sure triplanar allows adjustment of everything during play. The Reed however looks a lot sexier and is reported to be sonically superior - but then I'm a fan of wooden wands.
    The Triplanar is a beautiful arm and does have VTA adjustable during play, but I don't think you can do the same to adjust the azimuth.
    Barry

I'm Hugo.

My demonstration Reed 3P is on order. It's in the plain anodised finish, with 12" Cocobolo arm wand and cryo treated copper cabling. It will take a month or so to arrive but once it's here it will be available for dem.

I'm Hugo.

Just to confirm - the 12" Reed 3P tonearm, with Cocobolo arm wand, will definitely be playing on my stand in the Vinyl Village at the forthcoming North West Audio Show 24-25 June at Cranage Hall.

I hope many of you will be able to come along to say hello, and to hear the Reed and Miyajima cartridges both stereo and mono.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    I'm pretty sure triplanar allows adjustment of everything during play. The Reed however looks a lot sexier and is reported to be sonically superior - but then I'm a fan of wooden wands.
    No, VTA yes other adjustments must be done when its not playing. Graham is the same VTA on the fly yes.
    Regards Neil

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    No, VTA yes other adjustments must be done when its not playing. Graham is the same VTA on the fly yes.
    The North West Audio Show is an opportunity for anyone to see, feel, and hear the effects of the Reed 3P's on-the-fly VTA and azimuth adjustment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12