+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help - My systems sound changes around 9.30pm

I'm Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Possible
    Admittedly, if it were this, you would expect it to be a fairly common experience for anyone listening to music in the area. Ask around?

I'm Lawrence.

Assumes theres another audiophile close by, we're not that common in my experience!

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post
    I'm no scientist, but my money would be on psychoacoustic effects rather than anything to do with electricity supply. If there is a LF rumble during the day from the industrial site then your brain will have become very effective at not noticing it. But it will inevitably be interfering with the LF of your music.

When the machinery stops you can suddenly perceive those frequencies in your system better and assume that something has changed in your system. It hasn't, the background and your perception has changed.
    This would be my guess although the proximity of an industrial site suggests that might be a contributory factor (somehow).

I'm Mark.

im approx 1mile from the works, and in a semi rural area, I believe its the steel works sutting down at 9.30pm on its afternoon shift,
    The works cannot be heard where i live, there is very little traffic on the road, and were quite away from the road. So i dont believe its background sounds at all.

I'm Grant.

They may not use same machinery on night shift. A good filter is worth a try. See if you can borrow one.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshireman View Post
    The works cannot be heard where i live, there is very little traffic on the road, and were quite away from the road. So i dont believe its background sounds at all.
    That's because your brain has cancelled it out

I'm Mark.

They may not use same machinery on night shift. A good filter is worth a try. See if you can borrow one.
    There is no night shift only morning and afternoons.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post
    That's because your brain has cancelled it out
    No noise at all very quiet area, all our windows are very recent triple glazed units (the ones to cut down on your heating bills) and the building is a very thick double stone wall.
    The room i use for my music was soundproofed to stop me annoying people in the rest of the house.
    So ambient noise isn't an issue, plus it very quiet outside loudest noise is birds and cattle.

I'm Mark.

I will look into that, also going to try a re-generator too.

I'm James.

Still think it's a drop in noise floor due to less hash going on in the mains.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast