+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help - My systems sound changes around 9.30pm

I'm Dennis.

Can't you tell the birds and cattle to shut up!

I would look at what current devices they use there; go and ask them, in a friendly way of course.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Can't you tell the birds and cattle to shut up!
    The cows just look at me with a long face when I shout at them

I'm Russell.

What source are you listening to most? Are you streaming music from the internet? Listening to FM radio? Are there any nearby power lines overhead? It could be some sort of RF or EMF cutting through your area? Microwave towers? I had a neighbor with a large antenna behind his house, as big as his whole yard! He was a HAM radio operator, and I could hear his voice coming through my speakers! It spooked me, so I unplugged the amp, and could still hear his voice coming from the speakers! The windings in the speakers were picking up his radio waves. I assume. I realize this is not like your problem, but just shows how unseen things can affect your stereo.

If you are steaming it could be related to increased or decreased activities on your branch? But it really could be a hundred different things. But if I had to bet on one, it would be power from the wall.

I would definitely look into a good power filter or regenerator. But you may find you wind up with the post 9:30 sound. But it may stop it from changing, and you can adjust to suit. At what time does it change back? 6am? That could be very telling.

The talk of local low frequencies you are hearing all day can very well be there and you not know it. Take a SPL meter and be as quiet as possible during the day, and if you can get it below 45db then you live in a very quiet place! I can never get below 45db in my listening room during the day, but at night it can get down in the mid 30db's. I hear no real difference, but the meter don't lie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234