+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help - My systems sound changes around 9.30pm

I'm Lawrence.

I would have said you may have tuned your system to some barely audible background noise from the works, but then I would expect it to sound too bright after, assuming the works produce LF rumbling type noise. Could it actually be producing some sort of ultrasonic noise over say 15khz? Tricky to think of something that could help, but what about trying some supertweeters and putting them on at 9.30?

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm M.

I always find my system sounds better after 9. or therabouts pieces i,ve read seem to think its because there is less demand on the mains all round from heavy industy and normal household use

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Sounds different probably because the noise floor drops. Usually a system sounds better but I suppose it can go the other way.
    This is my experience. Even though I live in a detached house on a quiet road in a small village there is still a residual background hum during the day: even though it is barely noticeable. It is noticeable at night by it's absence. I suspect that there is also less noise on the mains after 9.30pm as by that time most people will have finished cooking, done their laundry and will not be out with the vacuum cleaner. I do not rule out the effects of perception though and the fact that we might be more amenable to music at the end of the day!

Geoff

I'm Grant.

Probably a bit of both, plus sound travels better in cooler atmosphere so if room is cooler that will help too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mark.

Hi all,

Its always between 9.30 and 9.35pm, ive had friends around and not mentioned it to them, and when it happens and the sound changes they have all asked whats happened. so i think i can rule out perception, room temp is also constant within a few degrees. Ive been busy this week but will be taking the isoket out of the system on saturday and giving it another go, and report back on whats happened.

thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

I'm Grant.

Ive also seen equipment coming on song after being on and heated up. Of course this would require you to switch on at same time each day, and thus unlikely so would probably say its a factory switching off or something like that. Since we got a few bigger industrial units and an electric railway right beside me, my sounds went poor at quite a lot of times a week.( most tbh) i installed a filter box which helped and then a regenerator which solved it. Also having a steady 230v 50hz is desirable anyway
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshireman View Post
    Hi all,

Its always between 9.30 and 9.35pm, ive had friends around and not mentioned it to them, and when it happens and the sound changes they have all asked whats happened. so i think i can rule out perception, room temp is also constant within a few degrees. Ive been busy this week but will be taking the isoket out of the system on saturday and giving it another go, and report back on whats happened.

thanks for all the comments and suggestions.
    Do you have any appliances on a timer or are you adjacent to any premises operating heavy machinery?

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Ive also seen equipment coming on song after being on and heated up. Of course this would require you to switch on at same time each day, and thus unlikely so would probably say its a factory switching off or something like that. Since we got a few bigger industrial units and an electric railway right beside me, my sounds went poor at quite a lot of times a week.( most tbh) i installed a filter box which helped and then a regenerator which solved it. Also having a steady 230v 50hz is desirable anyway
    No switch on is very variable sometimes its been on 10 hours sometimes 2 or 3, We have a steel works (but no melting shop now) about a mile away but that has its own feed from the pylon due to load taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Do you have any appliances on a timer or are you adjacent to any premises operating heavy machinery?
    No timers or anything like that.

I'm Luke.

I'm no scientist, but my money would be on psychoacoustic effects rather than anything to do with electricity supply. If there is a LF rumble during the day from the industrial site then your brain will have become very effective at not noticing it. But it will inevitably be interfering with the LF of your music.

When the machinery stops you can suddenly perceive those frequencies in your system better and assume that something has changed in your system. It hasn't, the background and your perception has changed.

I'm Grant.

Possible
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast