+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What are your Super Tweeter findings?

I'm Andrew.

More buggering around with the Taket super tweeters. I replaced the Dunelund 16AWG with Van Damme 2mm blue studio cable. I now have 6mm from the amp to the XO and the 2mm from the supertweeter into the XO. Difference not massive but pleasing. Tried removing the supertweeters and noticed less detail to drums and brush work on cymbals alongside loosing some of the 3D holographic nature of John Coltrane's Sax. Plugged them in and it all returned. So the super tweeters look like a keeper. Soundstage very transparent on the old Tannoys 15" MG, more seperation than you can shake a stick at. Plenty of tranparency. All in all a very worthwhile upgrade for the MG's.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Kevin.

Default My Batpure implementation

Here was the first attempt at positioning with my Electric Beach FH3s.

I was not too keen on this, so I moved them to the rear of the speaker and positioned them firing upwards where they seemed to open up the sound presentation quite nicely:

Before you ask, the bracket I use is one of these:

You may recognise the brackets, if not this will give you an idea of what they are - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Furniture...-8pcs/50197514
    The super tweeter is stuck to the bracket using the double sided tape it came with, and the bracket is stuck to the speaker with double sided tape.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Yep, similar to my own findings with the Townshend ones I have been using for a few years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    OK. I bought a cheap £50 pair from Japan. I wasn't expecting much but so far this is what I think I'm hearing :-

1. Slightly more shimmer to brush work on some of my Jazz records.
    2. Piano's seem to have a little more solidity.
    3. Bass seems a little deeper and extended.
    4. A little more realis.

Now is this in my head or do you guys get similar results???
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Here was the first attempt at positioning with my Electric Beach FH3s.

I was not too keen on this, so I moved them to the rear of the speaker and positioned them firing upwards where they seemed to open up the sound presentation quite nicely:

Before you ask, the bracket I use is one of these:

You may recognise the brackets, if not this will give you an idea of what they are - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Furniture...-8pcs/50197514
    The super tweeter is stuck to the bracket using the double sided tape it came with, and the bracket is stuck to the speaker with double sided tape.

Great post Kevin, can I be cheeky and ask if you could write up a few notes with regards your findings? Super Tweeters are a new concep to me and I love hearing what other people find in their systems.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Yep, similar to my own findings with the Townshend ones I have been using for a few years now.
    Ahhh, can I ask how much the Townshend's cost?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Kevin.

I already have - in the "Supertweeters" thread - http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-Supertweeters
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234