+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hand Built DAC - based on Phillips TDA1547 chip with upgraded components

I'm chris.

Default Hand Built DAC - based on Phillips TDA1547 chip with upgraded components

Top quality handbuilt DAC based on Phillips TDA 1547 chip.
    The op amps and power supply/transformer upgraded to the best available from the manufacturer and I also had a XMOS USB card added :
    " ....upgrade the opamp and power supply,you can upgrade opamps to lme49710 and the talema transformer X2 ..'

The base unit is this one ... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1417752439...&sojTags=bu=bu

The top photo is the actual DAC being tested before shipping
    The DAC has 2 inputs SPDIF/Coaxial and USB.
    With upgrades plus shipping and import duty costs the DAC alone was over $400 - purchased in December 2016 so a chance for a bargain

I am now using only my Innuos as a source so only USB input is required and the iFi USB DAC is slightly better than this one --- as it should be --- the Coaxial is where this DAC really performs

£150 collected or + delivery £10 to mainland UK

I'm chris.

REDUCED to £125 + delivery --- this really is a nice DAC and price is firm as I'll keep it if necessary -- appreciate that 'Breeze Audio' seems to be a generic name, but this particular company was recommended to me on another forum and I would feel equally comfortable passing that recommendation on - not all Chinese companies are equal I believe !

cheers
    chris

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by hughandella View Post
    REDUCED to £125 + delivery --- this really is a nice DAC and price is firm as I'll keep it if necessary -- appreciate that 'Breeze Audio' seems to be a generic name, but this particular company was recommended to me on another forum and I would feel equally comfortable passing that recommendation on - not all Chinese companies are equal I believe !

cheers
    chris
    Had one of these in stock form,nice,based on some German DAC I believe,can't recall the name.
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Had one of these in stock form,nice,based on some German DAC I believe,can't recall the name.
    Thanks James ----- I'm not sure to be honest - it wouldn't surprise me as that seems to be the way many of these companies work but as long as the concept is good ! ---- as mentioned I was put onto this particular seller by someone I trust and who knows his stuff --- I basically asked the guy to build the best version of the stock he could with best components he had access to ..... the USB isnt quite as good as my iFi and as I only require that now, hence sale - the SPDIF is very good however and I preferred it over my standalone Rega Planet which is saying something ( to my ears anyway)

I'm chris.

Sold STP
    tks

I'm chris.

SOLD -- TKS

I'm Martin.

Just received this from Chris, and it sounds excellent, a real credit to the Chinese guy who assembles them. Very well chosen mods by Chris too.

I've owned lots of dacs some costing up to about four figures and this is by far the most natural sounding to date, lovely decay on notes and leading edges are crisp, instruments particularly acoustic guitars sound full bodied and resonant with a real sense of space around each and best of all no metallic signature to the sound.

If you're in the market for a cheapish dac, IMO you'd do well to give one of these a whirl, just goes to show what a simple well thought out design with a few carefully chosen mods can do, not every cheap thing from China is junk.

For me it's a shame the industry seems to be chasing higher and higher numbers when something as simple as an old Phillips chipset doing 16 44.1/48 can bring so much pleasure and reconnect me with the music.
    Last edited by Hudz; 30-03-2017 at 18:34.
    We are the love we leave behind.

I'm chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudz View Post
    Just received this from Chris, and it sounds excellent, a real credit to the Chinese guy who assembles them. Very well chosen mods by Chris too.

I've owned lots of dacs some costing up to about four figures and this is by far the most natural sounding to date, lovely decay on notes and leading edges are crisp, instruments particularly acoustic guitars sound full bodied and resonant with a real sense of space around each and best of all no metallic signature to the sound.

If you're in the market for a cheapish dac, IMO you'd do well to give one of these a whirl, just goes to show what a simple well thought out design with a few carefully chosen mods can do, not every cheap thing from China is junk.

For me it's a shame the industry seems to be chasing higher and higher numbers when something as simple as an old Phillips chipset doing 16 44.1/48 can bring so much pleasure and reconnect me with the music.
    Thanks Martin and agree with comments ---- if this DAC had a different name on it, it would be multiples more expensive ---- glad you are enjoying it

+ Reply to Thread