+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loving my Wharfedale Jade 1's

I'm Mark.

Default Loving my Wharfedale Jade 1's

Hi, I recently ditched my MA BR2 speakers which I bought new a few years back and got some Jade 1's on the basis of the reviews - they were the only speakers with no negative comments, I find one negative comment is just about enough to put me off a product!
    Anyway, they immediately sounded better than the MA's and as I listen today I am so pleased with the clarity and detail that I find it hard to believe I could get anything better.
    For the full picture I listen in a smallish 4 x 3 m room which probably has some bearing on things. Currently using Lenco GL78, Denon DL110, Marantz PM6002.
    I haven't seen much about these speakers on any forums and would be interested to hear any AOL posters comments.

I'm Martin.

Not head them but they look like a pretty good design. Three way with aperiodic bass loading.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    Hi, I recently ditched my MA BR2 speakers which I bought new a few years back and got some Jade 1's on the basis of the reviews - they were the only speakers with no negative comments, I find one negative comment is just about enough to put me off a product!
    Anyway, they immediately sounded better than the MA's and as I listen today I am so pleased with the clarity and detail that I find it hard to believe I could get anything better.
    For the full picture I listen in a smallish 4 x 3 m room which probably has some bearing on things. Currently using Lenco GL78, Denon DL110, Marantz PM6002.
    I haven't seen much about these speakers on any forums and would be interested to hear any AOL posters comments.
    The wharfedale Jade range look very nice I think.I wouldn't let reviews put you off or on though,I once bought an arcam cd73 because of good reviews, I hated it.
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Phil.

yes heard some of the jade range at a show and it was amazing what they could do . couple of years ago very nearly bought a pair of the floorstanders as they were heavily discounted
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Daman.

I ditched a pair of Maggies for a pair of gorgeous Wharfedale Rosedale. Glorious sound driven by vintage Fisher tubes!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

I'm Alex.

Designed by Peter Cormeau? he's pt together quite a few good sounding speakers over the years.
    Technics SL1210| Jelco SA-750| Benz Micro ACE SM MC| Squeezebox Touch/MCRU linear PSU | Cambridge Audio 851C | High Resolution Music Streamer II+ / Linestreamer+ | Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+ / Max2Play | Conrad-Johnson ET3 Control Amplifier| Conrad-Johnson LP125sa KT120 Power Amplifier| Avalon NP Evo 2.0 Speakers| Cardas Audio Quadlink-5C Speaker Cables and Interconnects| Finite Elemente Pagode Signature E-14 equipment support

+ Reply to Thread