+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loving my Wharfedale Jade 1's

I'm Mark.

Default Loving my Wharfedale Jade 1's

Hi, I recently ditched my MA BR2 speakers which I bought new a few years back and got some Jade 1's on the basis of the reviews - they were the only speakers with no negative comments, I find one negative comment is just about enough to put me off a product!
    Anyway, they immediately sounded better than the MA's and as I listen today I am so pleased with the clarity and detail that I find it hard to believe I could get anything better.
    For the full picture I listen in a smallish 4 x 3 m room which probably has some bearing on things. Currently using Lenco GL78, Denon DL110, Marantz PM6002.
    I haven't seen much about these speakers on any forums and would be interested to hear any AOL posters comments.

I'm Martin.

Not head them but they look like a pretty good design. Three way with aperiodic bass loading.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    Hi, I recently ditched my MA BR2 speakers which I bought new a few years back and got some Jade 1's on the basis of the reviews - they were the only speakers with no negative comments, I find one negative comment is just about enough to put me off a product!
    Anyway, they immediately sounded better than the MA's and as I listen today I am so pleased with the clarity and detail that I find it hard to believe I could get anything better.
    For the full picture I listen in a smallish 4 x 3 m room which probably has some bearing on things. Currently using Lenco GL78, Denon DL110, Marantz PM6002.
    I haven't seen much about these speakers on any forums and would be interested to hear any AOL posters comments.
    The wharfedale Jade range look very nice I think.I wouldn't let reviews put you off or on though,I once bought an arcam cd73 because of good reviews, I hated it.
    cambridge audio azur 651w power amp, novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, wharfedale diamond 10.1[suprisingly good]
    , van damme blue series interconnects, van damme studio blue 4mm speaker cable, klotz mc 5000 ,klotz silver hybrid, thanks Brian, fisual hollywood optical cable,, pioneer bdp170, akg k 550

I'm Phil.

yes heard some of the jade range at a show and it was amazing what they could do . couple of years ago very nearly bought a pair of the floorstanders as they were heavily discounted
    modwright 36.5 DM /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/bel canto 3.5, vbs , bel canto fm1
    sonos, . dct300/ /isotek sigmas /rfc/chord epic cabling/Kimber select/ proac studio 125

I'm Daman.

I ditched a pair of Maggies for a pair of gorgeous Wharfedale Rosedale. Glorious sound driven by vintage Fisher tubes!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

I'm Alex.

Designed by Peter Cormeau? he's pt together quite a few good sounding speakers over the years.
    Technics SL1210| Jelco SA-750| Benz Micro ACE SM MC| Squeezebox Touch/MCRU linear PSU | Cambridge Audio 851C | High Resolution Music Streamer II+ / Linestreamer+ | Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+ / Max2Play | Conrad-Johnson ET3 Control Amplifier| Conrad-Johnson LP125sa KT120 Power Amplifier| Avalon NP Evo 2.0 Speakers| Cardas Audio Quadlink-5C Speaker Cables and Interconnects| Finite Elemente Pagode Signature E-14 equipment support

+ Reply to Thread