+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Record Cleaning Advice

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I've got the Pro-Ject RCM myself. But I had a VPI previously and believe me, the Project is not nearly as loud as the VPI. I like everything about it better. But, I use the Mobile Fidelity brand stuff, easy to find. And I've had no issues with it. I use the Super Record Wash, the Super Deep Cleaner. And a bottle of the Plus Enzyme cleaner. I don't know how they stack up against any other brands, but I'm fairly happy with their performance. Use each as needed, a really dusty or nicotine coated record use the deep cleaner, if it's moldy use the enzyme cleaner, and if it's just a routine cleaning, or rinsing, I use the Super Record Wash. not cheap, but it lasts a good while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What a decent answer.... I like it ... more reasoned than most. In my opinion , a man that's looking after his vinyl.

My best regards to you.

Peter

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    What a decent answer.... I like it ... more reasoned than most. In my opinion , a man that's looking after his vinyl.

My best regards to you.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I do want to look after my records, I've still got my very first one I bought when I was 13 years old! (Kansas Leftoverture) and it still plays like new. But what I've found in record cleaning, is that it is part of hi end vinyl playback, washing my records has made a bigger improvement in sound quality than any cartridge upgrade. And, if you've got a lot of money in your cartridge, you don't want it dragging around in the dirt! I've heard digital enthusiasts mocking vinyl about its inherent pops and ticks, but I have no pops and ticks in my vinyl playback, and nearly no surface noise. I guess if they can't take care of their records, they may as well go digital. Before anyone jumps, I have no problem with digital, and have a CD collection as well.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    Thanks Peter, I do want to look after my records, I've still got my very first one I bought when I was 13 years old! (Kansas Leftoverture) and it still plays like new. But what I've found in record cleaning, is that it is part of hi end vinyl playback, washing my records has made a bigger improvement in sound quality than any cartridge upgrade. And, if you've got a lot of money in your cartridge, you don't want it dragging around in the dirt! I've heard digital enthusiasts mocking vinyl about its inherent pops and ticks, but I have no pops and ticks in my vinyl playback, and nearly no surface noise. I guess if they can't take care of their records, they may as well go digital. Before anyone jumps, I have no problem with digital, and have a CD collection as well.

CDs need care too.

And I concur, before considering upgrading audio components, work on fundamentals first. Like, cleaning the LPs. Only a thoroughly clean LP will show if the playback quality needs any improvements...
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Gone.

Hi All,

Just to let you know, as I can't make "The Right One" myself any longer, I have been looking for someone who I can trust to make it to the proper formula and with the correct precision, which is really important for it to work at maximum efficiency. I have decided that the best person for the job is David Brooks at MCRU. I will be organising licensing the formula to him shortly and the fluid will be available, I will also be discussing my well received cartridge mounting kits and some new products I have been working on for some time. So watch this space folks.

I'm Simon.

Great news Paul.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Hmm I don't like it much with my Loricraft I found it was hard to get it all out.
    How so ?
    Turntable : Project 2 Xperience Tone Arm & Cartridge : Project 9c Ortofon 2M Blue Phono Stage : Project Phono Box SE II Digital Source :Primare CD21 Integrated Amp : Primare I30 Speakers : ProAc 110 Headphones : Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

Revox A77 MK IV 2 track 15 & 7 1/2 IPS
    TEAC A-3300SX 4 track 7 1/2 & 3 3/4 IPS
    Akai 4000DS MkII

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    Second that. L'Art du Son is so superior, it's not even funny.
    Third it, never use anything else.
    Turntable : Project 2 Xperience Tone Arm & Cartridge : Project 9c Ortofon 2M Blue Phono Stage : Project Phono Box SE II Digital Source :Primare CD21 Integrated Amp : Primare I30 Speakers : ProAc 110 Headphones : Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

Revox A77 MK IV 2 track 15 & 7 1/2 IPS
    TEAC A-3300SX 4 track 7 1/2 & 3 3/4 IPS
    Akai 4000DS MkII

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive197 View Post
    Easy, L'Art du Son. Best fluid I've used by a country mile. Available at MCRU and other good online sellers incl. Amazon
    I've read that it supports organic life.
    That can't be good for your records.
    Yes me too , some records go mouldy after cleaning , maybe they need rinsing after cleaning
    Rinse 'em in TRO and the problem won't occur
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Rinse 'em in TRO and the problem won't occur
    TRO?

I find a L'Art du Son leaves a residue. Even after multiple rinses in pure water. I can see that using detergent appeals when getting rid of muck but it's no good if you leave a film behind on the groove. To me the way it foams up is a worry, not a comfort.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    TRO?
    The Right One
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast