+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Record Cleaning Advice

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    Hi All,

Just to let you know, as I can't make "The Right One" myself any longer, I have been looking for someone who I can trust to make it to the proper formula and with the correct precision, which is really important for it to work at maximum efficiency. I have decided that the best person for the job is David Brooks at MCRU. I will be organising licensing the formula to him shortly and the fluid will be available, I will also be discussing my well received cartridge mounting kits and some new products I have been working on for some time. So watch this space folks.
    Excellent news Paul. I hope it's not too long to wait, I've not got much TRO left.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    TRO?

I find a L'Art du Son leaves a residue. Even after multiple rinses in pure water. I can see that using detergent appeals when getting rid of muck but it's no good if you leave a film behind on the groove. To me the way it foams up is a worry, not a comfort.
    Yeah, it's practically useless without vacuuming the muck immediately after you finish the wash. Air drying is never good, because not only is the residue left on the record, but the dust particles suspended in the air get into the grooves. So it's basically a waste of time.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Russell.

Two things I've learned about cleaning records. One is use a fine brush. Something with carbon fiber bristles, or like those felt pads on the MoFi brushes. Record grooves are quite small. Two is, it's not so much the hard scrubbing as it is letting it set for a few minutes. Just let it spin, use the brush to flatten it out, give the fluid time to work before vacuuming it up. Yes some will require hard scrubbing, most do not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Peter.

Quite correct.

After only 20 record cleans.... it looks like I will have a revitalised record collection and enjoying the sound of silence. Learning as I go along. This Pro-Ject VC-S is basic but god does it work.

Happy days, listening to music that was unplayable before the treatment.

Peter

I'm Nigel.

That's good news Peter.
    Give me a shout if you need some more TRO fluid.

Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Quite correct.

After only 20 record cleans.... it looks like I will have a revitalised record collection and enjoying the sound of silence. Learning as I go along. This Pro-Ject VC-S is basic but god does it work.

Happy days, listening to music that was unplayable before the treatment.

Peter

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStewart View Post
    Hi All,

Just to let you know, as I can't make "The Right One" myself any longer, I have been looking for someone who I can trust to make it to the proper formula and with the correct precision, which is really important for it to work at maximum efficiency. I have decided that the best person for the job is David Brooks at MCRU. I will be organising licensing the formula to him shortly and the fluid will be available, I will also be discussing my well received cartridge mounting kits and some new products I have been working on for some time. So watch this space folks.
    Glad to hear that too.

I'm Kevin.

What brushes are you using to wet clean your vinyl?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Peter.

The goats hair brush supplied with the Pro-Ject VC-S. Work very well indeed.

Peter

I'm Grant.

Been using a wet goat myself.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

@struth

Is that like the sheep and the comfortable pair of wellies?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast