+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Terror attack in London

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    My heart and my soul goes out to those who now have to live the remainder of their lives with serious disabilities and PTSD.
    That is so tragic in the true sense of the word.

I'm Grant.

Indeed mine too. Being disabled is a real drag. Many will be afraid to go out etc and i know that is extremely dibilitating too as my son has this. I have to do most things for him and i can hardly walk.
    And all for what good reason?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Absolutely shocking, and my heart goes out to all the families who've lost their loved ones or been badly injured in this tragedy. However, do we know for certain it was a terror attack or just some loon, with a grievance against 'the system', who ran amok?

As far as I understand it, the motivation of the attacker is still in doubt, so we should consider that before labelling it as terrorism, and with it pandering to how the media are sensationalising the situation, and breeding hatred against Islam, as a result of some (as of yet) unknown agenda.

I've been reading some of the comments over on pfm, and Jonathan Ribee makes an interesting point (click on link to read): http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/s...7&postcount=65

If it wasn't a terrorist attack, and instead the above, then I feel Jon's comments below are deeply relevant, especially considering recent discussions here regarding the 'have' and 'have nots' of this world:

That is *so* spot on!

The fact is, religion aside (and I agree that, when twisted and abused, it is a major contributory factor in driving terrorism), the huge social divide and grossly unjust division of wealth and opportunities in the world we live in today, is feeding political radicalism and breeding many angry people, who feel victims of the system, alienated and disenfranchised from society, and thus seek some form 'recompense', which in their distressed mental state, they are able to justify.

Now of course such sickening actions, murdering and injuring innocent people, as we saw yesterday, can never be 'justified' in any way. It's an atrocity civilised society must always fight against and try its best to prevent.

It is, however, symptomatic of what happens when huge gulfs are created in society by grossly unjust divisions of wealth, especially by successive governments (which is perhaps why in this instance Westminster was targeted), seeking at all cost to look after the 'haves', to the gross detriment of the 'have nots' - and the longer that bias prevails, things will only get worse, and unfortunately we may see more shocking events, such as we witnessed yesterday.

Therefore, if it wasn't an out-and-out terrorist attack, I think the government needs to see yesterday's tragic events as a severe wake up call, and that the alienated and downtrodden in society simply will no longer 'sit back and take it' - and that those amongst them who are sick and mentally broken will channel their anger and retaliate in the most brutal and devastating way possible.

Fundamental changes in how the system works are most certainly needed if what happened yesterday is not to occur again.

Marco.
    At this stage the police are still calling it a terrorist act. It has all the hallmarks of being so. However until all the info is released regarding the identity of the attacker and any accomplices - if there are any - then even though it seems to be walking like a duck, quacking like a duck I guess it would be foolish to say it is a duck until the police say its a duck.

Thing is it takes a very focused, fanatical and deluded mindset to do what was done and I don't believe that a random copy cat who was not of that mindset would do this, because few types want to die as a result of their action and these ducks don't mind, its what they want. This type of attack reflects changes in tactics as seen in Nice, Berlin, Ohio, Jerusalem, and Quebec, where folks of this mindset are using vehicles as weapons, rather than more high tech and thus traceable weapons. You can't police silent, loaner or small cells that use everyday items to kill. Complicated plots using sophisticated tactics and weapons risk being found out, whereas climbing into a car and running people down or using a knife can't be caught easily beforehand.

I guess it will either be a member of Isis or someone influence and inspired by them.

Shocking and deeply sad day but also deeply moving. Policeman Keith Palmer who tackled the attacker unarmed and paid the ultimate sacrifice. Those who stopped to help, particularly MP Tobias Ellwood and the emergency services, ambulance crew, Drs, nurses and the police are shining examples of the best of humanity not the evil perpetrated by these others who have nothing to offer, but pure evil.
    Regards Neil

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Absolutely shocking, and my heart goes out to all the families who've lost their loved ones or been badly injured in this tragedy. However, do we know for certain it was a terror attack or just some loon, with a grievance against 'the system', who ran amok?

As far as I understand it, the motivation of the attacker is still in doubt, so we should consider that before labelling it as terrorism, and with it pandering to how the media are sensationalising the situation, and breeding hatred against Islam, as a result of some (as of yet) unknown agenda.

I've been reading some of the comments over on pfm, and Jonathan Ribee makes an interesting point (click on link to read): http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/s...7&postcount=65

If it wasn't a terrorist attack, and instead the above, then I feel Jon's comments below are deeply relevant, especially considering recent discussions here regarding the 'have' and 'have nots' of this world:

That is *so* spot on!

The fact is, religion aside (and I agree that, when twisted and abused, it is a major contributory factor in driving terrorism), the huge social divide and grossly unjust division of wealth and opportunities in the world we live in today, is feeding political radicalism and breeding many angry people, who feel victims of the system, alienated and disenfranchised from society, and thus seek some form 'recompense', which in their distressed mental state, they are able to justify.

Now of course such sickening actions, murdering and injuring innocent people, as we saw yesterday, can never be 'justified' in any way. It's an atrocity civilised society must always fight against and try its best to prevent.

It is, however, symptomatic of what happens when huge gulfs are created in society by grossly unjust divisions of wealth, especially by successive governments (which is perhaps why in this instance Westminster was targeted), seeking at all cost to look after the 'haves', to the gross detriment of the 'have nots' - and the longer that bias prevails, things will only get worse, and unfortunately we may see more shocking events, such as we witnessed yesterday.

Therefore, if it wasn't an out-and-out terrorist attack, I think the government needs to see yesterday's tragic events as a severe wake up call, and that the alienated and downtrodden in society simply will no longer 'sit back and take it' - and that those amongst them who are sick and mentally broken will channel their anger and retaliate in the most brutal and devastating way possible.

Fundamental changes in how the system works are most certainly needed if what happened yesterday is not to occur again.

Marco.
    Agree Marco, a sober and conscious express.

Truth is our politicians and so called world leaders have created / caused the current global state that we have today.
    They have neglected the people, the youths and so on, leaving many vulnerable and more open to other 'alternatives', other 'ways' and things.
    The anger and disillusionment many feel everywhere in these times only adds to it.
    Unfortunately they've also caused a great huge divide amongst people that wasnt there to the extent before and we need to be very careful of that.

We have so called educated, intellects in high places clearly feeding their egos and very dodgy agendas but not really taking care of people and the day to day fundamentals that matter to them, that which creates a thriving balanced society, hope, a future.
    Politicians being told to make hard and extreme cuts all over the place 'to save money' yeah right !
    Either way, I will not carry hate in my heart or purpose ill against my fellow brothers or sisters, no - I wont ever let the system do that to me.
    It's like focusing on the disease, blaming the disease rather than recognising it's cause is the problem.
    People think it's a battle of flesh and blood but it's root is way deeper than that https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...12&version=KJV

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Agree Marco, a sober and conscious express.

Truth is our politicians and so called world leaders have created / caused the current global state that we have today.
    They have neglected the people, the youths and so on, leaving many vulnerable and more open to other 'alternatives', other 'ways' and things.
    The anger and disillusionment many feel everywhere in these times only adds to it.
    Unfortunately they've also caused a great huge divide amongst people that wasnt there to the extent before and we need to be very careful of that.

We have so called educated, intellects in high places clearly feeding their egos and very dodgy agendas but not really taking care of people and the day to day fundamentals that matter to them, that which creates a thriving balanced society, hope, a future.
    Politicians being told to make hard and extreme cuts all over the place 'to save money' yeah right !
    Either way, I will not carry hate in my heart or purpose ill against my fellow brothers or sisters, no - I wont ever let the system do that to me.
    It's like focusing on the disease, blaming the disease rather than recognising it's cause is the problem.
    People think it's a battle of flesh and blood but it's root is way deeper than that https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...12&version=KJV
    Agreed
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

He was British born apparently
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    He was British born apparently
    That does away with much of the "send them all back to where they came from" sillyness that I've been reading (not here). But doesn't stop the "we need to ban Islam in the UK, take our country back" chatter. No easy solution, of course. We need to target the radicalisers, come down harder on anyone even suspected of preaching hate and violence, monitor people leaving the country to visit such preachers and stop them coming back. Monitor traffic to those websites and have an internet ban for those frequenting radicalising sites (though I'm mostly against increased web surveillance in general). Flag waving jingoistic reactions about targeting whole religious groups for blame/removal of basic rights is just nonsense, in my opinion.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    At this stage the police are still calling it a terrorist act. It has all the hallmarks of being so. However until all the info is released regarding the identity of the attacker and any accomplices - if there are any - then even though it seems to be walking like a duck, quacking like a duck I guess it would be foolish to say it is a duck until the police say its a duck.
    Indeed, simply because the police and/or media say something is true, doesn't necessarily make it so. We must remember that they are part of our (largely corrupt) system, and with it, have its best interests at heart, and so things will be twisted to suit an agenda.

Therefore, whilst I'm still confident that this was a genuine terror attack, we must guard against being brainwashed by what the system (controlled by the government and media) wants us to believe!

The BBC's broadcasts are often the worst examples of perpetrating propaganda, simply because they are owned and run by members of the elite/establishment, whose greed for wealth and power is at the heart of world conflict.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Luke.

The problem with the view that this is basically about global inequalities and injustices is that you don't get "international terrorism" from the poorest in the world. When was the last time you had a Christian suicide bomber from a poverty stricken shanty town in Mumbai or Cape Town? The media shies away from calling this what it is, Islamic terrorism, and I can sort of see why, but it is ultimately unhelpful. Important to remember who funds this terrorism, but that's a very deep rabbit hole to venture down!

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post
    When was the last time you had a Christian suicide bomber from a poverty stricken shanty town in Mumbai or Cape Town?
    About 20 years ago, except they came from much closer to home, just across the Irish Sea. If the current madness of our political isolation continues, they'll be back very soon.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast