+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Terror attack in London

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The IRA and their protestant opposite numbers are just gangsters like the mafia, only they use the 'nationalism' thing to recruit wide eyed teenagers. NI was not 'occupied by a foreign army', the army were sent in to stop the mob wars in 1969.

I did not say that the IRA celebrate William of Orange, being of Irish Catholic heritage I am well aware of the history. My point was that the events of his reign are still used as an example of 'English oppression' hundreds of years later when the situation is entirely different.
    Seriously Martin you haven't a clue what you are talking about, in all my many years living here I have never heard an IRA man/woman or Sinn Fein member mention William of Orange, plenty of loyalist protestants have, but not nationalists. William of Orange was a Dutch invader who took the English throne, mostly without firing a shot, a successful Dutch invasion of England. Yes its about protestant superiority over Catholics, but nothing to do with British oppression in Ireland, that is a totally different thing.

I am no apologist for any violence but I can understand what fuelled the Civil rights marches and it was Bloody Sunday that was the single biggest IRA recruiter, British troops running rampant murdering civilians. Sure they were just scum paddies what does it matter ? Each one of those murderers should be tried and the keys thrown away, one of the darkest days in British army history, and the major event that gave the IRA and other Nationalists the fuel to run their campaigns - hatred of Britain, British governments and the security forces.

Its fair comment that most modern paramilitaries on both sides are gangsters but back in the 60s and before, nope their view is they are/were freedom fighters (or community protectors if protestant) and the British ruling classes most certainly oppressed the indigenous people here, both protestant and catholic, as they did in Scotland and Wales.

And regarding the London attack politics does not fuel that sort of thing but Wahabiest theology which comes from Saudi Arabia. Maybe its time the UK stopped supporting Saudi Arabia.

I am pulling out of this now before I say something I might regret saying.
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 26-03-2017 at 11:51.
    Regards Neil

Bigman80 Guest

I don't like this thread.

Why not delete the whole thing and be done with it. Opinions on the IRA, religion, terrorism and all other matters are largely sectional, uninformed and cause division. This is an audio forum, let's get back to that rather than this shit.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011