+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Supravox Bahia

I'm Sebastian.

Default FS: Supravox Bahia

For sale a pair of Supravox Bahia
    Its a Supravox 215s bic fullrange driver - one of the best fullrange driver ever made.
    in a Supravox original handcrafted TQWT cabinet.

Have you heard a pair of these beauties you won´t go back to a 2 or 3 way speaker that aren´t phasecorrected. This is music!

4 month old - I am selling because of upgrade to Peak Consult (also phase corrected)

They are easy load for small watt amplifies.

Got the original boxes, so shipment to UK or other countries is no problem. Should be around 100-150 GBP to UK - Il find out if you are interested

Feel free to send me a pm

GBP 1300

Last edited by msg1979; 21-03-2017 at 22:30.

I'm Grant.

nice cabinets on those. wizzer cones I see. I only use single drivers too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

These speakers are simply stunning to look at absolutely beautiful
    Source: Heavily modified DDDAC using MacBook Pro.
    Amplification: Pre amp-Stereo Coffee pre amp on steroids.
    Power amp- Rather large Colin Wonfor Class A power Amp
    Speakers: Lampizator P17 Open Baffles
    Accessories: Klotz 500 DIY Interconnects & DIY speaker cable sounding better than anything commercial.
    All powered from a Mother Trucker BPS with a dedicated consumer unit with 10mm armoured radial back to the house tails after the meter.

I'm Lawrence.

Didn't know they made wizzer cones any more. Are those horn loading vents on the side? Is it one on each side I can't quite see?

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm Sebastian.

Yes. Both are vents from the TQWT design - the other/big end of the "horn"
    I have output from 28hz in my room. Bas do not couple to the room because of the TQWT design - no boom sound
    They are beautiful sounding and total invisible when playing because there is no phase problem because its one driver.
    Problem with 2 and 3 ways speakers that are not phase corrected is that sound from tweeter will arrive at you ear before sound of bas and midrange. That not a problem here - sound is natural. No crossover either to ruin the sound

I'm Adrian.

What are the specs... I've found 50hz-18khz on the net - how does this translate into room performance as 50hz is a little high?

Adey
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Sebastian.

Try find the freq curve from the driver. Supravox homepage
    Add a TQWT cabinet and a normal placement near a wall = output from down low.

I'm Geoff.

I am a big fan of single drive speakers. The absence of a crossover is a big plus, as is the point source implicit in a single drive. There are a number of modern full range designs around and I can personally recommend those manufactured by this company.

http://omegaloudspeakers.com/super7monitormk2.html

Omega is a one man operation and the guy behind it Louis designs, builds and markets his products directly. He is also a great person to do business with. I started out with one of his floorstanding units, the SUPER 3XRS. This was fantastic and with some space behind the speakers (at least 3 feet) produced fantastic solid 3d images. It was a very fast speaker with great detail and a surprisingly extended bass. It used to amaze visitors who heard the speakers and were stunned by its big soundstage when I removed the grill covers (which are magnetically attached BTW) and they saw a tiny full range drive unit. I reluctantly parted with it when I left my last post in Malawi as a colleague begged me to sell it to him. I immediately regretted the sale, so on a subsequent trip to Washington DC, drove up to to Omega factory and bought a customised design (effectively the Super 7 Monitor with Alnico drivers). To be truthful I was extremely disappointed when I got them home as they sounded very inferior to my 3XRs. However, I was warned that the Alnico drivers took a long time to break in so persevered. It did take a while for them to "open up" but I cannot praise these speakers highly enough. Fantastic construction and performance for the price. The Alnico drivers give a great energy and presence to the sound and the midband in particular. Their high efficiency and easy load makes them the perfect partner with valve amps. The Super 7 Alnico Monitors are currently set up in my all vinyl system where they are driven by my Art Audio Quintet.

Coming back to the Supravox Bahia thread and single drive speakers in general, I am convinced that crossovers are a major problem in most speakers. I also have a pair of Reference 3A De Capo speakers which, despite having two drivers, has no crossover to speak of: the two drivers are naturally mated to each other so that a crossover is unnecessary. I would go as far as to say that single drive designs have a distinctive sound that once heard is somewhat addictive. Whether it is down to the absence of a crossover or the point source nature of the design I am not sure, but I am guessing that many Tannoy owners have been sold on the approach.

I am guessing that the Supravox units on sale here are pretty impressive.

Geoff
    Last edited by Sherwood; 22-03-2017 at 17:49.

I'm Sebastian.

I Agree.
    The only upgrade I could find was Peak Consult. They are phasecorrected and crossover are state of the art (Duelund)
    But add a 0 on the price. They start from 10.000GBP and end aaround 250.000GBP.

Many people havent heard how music shall be played because dealers, producents and more are very good hyping they own stuff

I'm Adrian.

Where are they located? Ahhh - Denmark...
    Last edited by farflungstar; 22-03-2017 at 15:46.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects