+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Dallas Texas!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Evan.

Default Hello from Dallas Texas!

Hey Everybody!

My name is Evan, I am from Dallas Texas and I am relatively new to the Hi Fi hobby. I have had an interest in vinyl for a few years now, but recently I have been inspired to get into improving my setup here and there.

I am currently spinning a Technics SL-1200M3D that I pick up for a song a few years ago from an old friend, and it has treated me pretty well whenever I actually have it set up. I have been moving around a bit and space tends to push my record player to the closet for longer periods than I like for sure, so my record collection is starting to get dusty, which I am looking to remedy soon.

My passion has been in woodworking for a while now and I would really like to build a custom cabinet to house my record player, amps and vinyl. And seeing Qwin's website with his beautiful veneered 1200's has really inspired me to do something similar, possibly even making a custom plinth as he has.

As I am a Engineering student, my funds for upgrades and vinyl are a little tight, so I really appreciate the DIY side of things, which gives me options to upgrade my setup for much less money than trying to buy high end equipment a little bit at a time. But whenever am album catches my ear just right, I must make sure to pick up a record so I will have it when I get everything set up. Recent acquisitions include Leon Bridges - Coming Home, The Punch Brothers - The Phosphorescent Blues, Kendrick Lamar - Untitled Unmastered, and PWR BTTM - Ugly Cherries.

I look forward to learning from the experts here to improve my knowledge of audio equipment and better my own setup.

Thanks for reading!

Evan
    Last edited by Invaderevan; 21-03-2017 at 18:53.

+ Reply to Thread