+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Croft 25R Line Pre-Amplifier and Croft Series 7 Power Amplifier

I'm Robert.

Default Croft 25R Line Pre-Amplifier and Croft Series 7 Power Amplifier

For sale are my Croft Pre and Power Amplifiers. Please note this is a line only version with no phono preamp.

They are around 12 months old and in superb condition with no marks or scratches. I will include an Atlas interconnect to connect the two together.

The power amplifier has a ECC82 Mullard valve installed which lowers the gain slightly and sounds superb. No other changes made.

Both are boxed.

Looking for around £1,200 ono for the two. RRP is £1,770. Will split but would rather sell them together.

Any questions please ask.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rob1969; 21-03-2017 at 10:25. Reason: Added detail.

I'm Russell.

Croft! Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time! Happy to see they are still in business. I see the preamp had built in phono, is it a MM only? Or does it have adjustments? I'm just curious, nice looking gear!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Robert.

This is line level only - no phono preamp inside.

Thanks,

Rob

I'm Robert.

No longer for sale.

I'm James.

May I ask of you are keeping the Croft amps Rob?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    May I ask of you are keeping the Croft amps Rob?
    Indeed you can. I was looking at a valve amplifier for my speakers that looked beautiful and would have fulfilled an itch I wanted to scratch so to speak. I was thinking that it might have sounded better than the Croft pairing (had valve amps for a number of years and always enjoyed them).

I was listening to some music whilst working yesterday which sounded so captivating with my current system and thought to myself that I was being a fool taking a chance on an unknown quantity when what I have sounds so amazing.

Hence deciding to keep them. Think I might upgrade the & power to R status in the near future.

I'm Grant.

Sounds like a smart plan to me.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1969 View Post
    Indeed you can. I was looking at a valve amplifier for my speakers that looked beautiful and would have fulfilled an itch I wanted to scratch so to speak. I was thinking that it might have sounded better than the Croft pairing (had valve amps for a number of years and always enjoyed them).

I was listening to some music whilst working yesterday which sounded so captivating with my current system and thought to myself that I was being a fool taking a chance on an unknown quantity when what I have sounds so amazing.

Hence deciding to keep them. Think I might upgrade the & power to R status in the near future.
    That's nice to hear Rob and probably a good decision. I have been into audio for 30 years and heard many amps and none have really bettered the Crofts. Different yes but never better, at least to my ears.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    That's nice to hear Rob and probably a good decision. I have been into audio for 30 years and heard many amps and none have really bettered the Crofts. Different yes but never better, at least to my ears.
    I have been into audio for a similar amount of time and agree with your views on the Croft kit. I don't know what came over me - a moment of weakness I suppose.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1969 View Post
    I have been into audio for a similar amount of time and agree with your views on the Croft kit. I don't know what came over me - a moment of weakness I suppose.
    Other folks have done the same. Over on HifiWigWam a few chaps have sold then bought back their Croft amps.

+ Reply to Thread