+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garrard 601 anyone got one

I'm Paul.

Default Garrard 601 anyone got one

HI all

We often see high praise going to the old Garrard 401 & 501 turntables

But not seen anything on their current offering the 601

So just wondering if anyone has one or tried one, how do they compare to the original garrard offerings.

Obviously today's garrard is garrard in name only but 20 grand must get something special, right.

Paul
    Current setup Thorens TD-160 Mk1 with Denon DL-110 MC Cartridge, Pioneer PD-8700 CD Player, Yamaha AX-592 Amp, Yamaha CDX-810 CD Player, Yamaha KX-480 Cassette Deck, Yamaha TX-492RDS Tuner, Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers, Van-Damme Cables throughout.

I'm Paul.

Looks like they dropped the 601 and have reintroduced the 301

No price shown though so must be be pricy as it comes with a 12 inch SME arm
    Current setup Thorens TD-160 Mk1 with Denon DL-110 MC Cartridge, Pioneer PD-8700 CD Player, Yamaha AX-592 Amp, Yamaha CDX-810 CD Player, Yamaha KX-480 Cassette Deck, Yamaha TX-492RDS Tuner, Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers, Van-Damme Cables throughout.

I'm Martin.

Can't recall where I saw the pricing but yep, they're not budget items lol

I'm Graham.

The 501/601 was a development if loricraft. Now that loricrsft and the garrard name were purchased by SME, these models gave been dropped and they have released a limited run of fully plinthed and armed 301s, prior to developing a new range.

+ Reply to Thread