+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Firebottle PS1 (MM/MC) P.S name subject to change !

Bigman80 Guest

A mate of mine came round for an unexpected cup of tea today. He's a former radio DJ, active musician (he's guested on a few Ocean Colour Scene shows)

He made the mistake of asking what rig im using. Well!! I said seeing as you asked lol

Gave him a demo and his words - "F#cking hell Ol, how much has this lot cost ?"

"Haha"

i laughed and asked him what he thought.

We'd played a few CDs (Pioneer CDP) first, played a few tracks off the laptop after and then we went to Vinyl.

We played both sides of "Fleetwood Mac - Rumours"

He was jaw to the floor for every song.

He said "what brand makes Firebottle" when i explained it was a one man show making them by hand, he was even more shocked.

I said, what do u think of it. He said, he hadn't heard anything that good that he could recall. Ever.

He also said "when the TT was used, it was like someone had turned the performance up to 11". He also said "it was so revealing, so open and clean. like a window had opened and the air could move around"

Another ringing endorsement for the FB-OTP

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Karl.

awesome can't wait for mine now
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    awesome can't wait for mine now
    Every one who has heard it has been really impressed with it mate. I'm confident you'll love it. It'll play nice with a good MC too. Made a decision on your next cart yet ?

I'm Brian.

Yup , I was over at Alans place in January and I was very impressed with what I heard . The Firebottle gear is a bit special
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Karl.

iv whittled it down....possibly a dl 103r mate as i can get one new for 204 quid ,a dynavector 10x5 unless a s/h 20x2 comes up at a decent price ,or an at33ptg II. my pal says the at33 is a bit too revealing on the lo fi/older records but he had excellent results with the other two on the rega arms. he's had a p3-24 ,p6 and now he has an audio note and p8 and used all 3 of the mentioned carts . his preference was the 103r and dynavector which he says is a great all rounder.
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

Bigman80 Guest

iv whittled it down....possibly a dl 103r mate as i can get one new for 204 quid ,a dynavector 10x5 unless a s/h 20x2 comes up at a decent price ,or an at33ptg II. my pal says the at33 is a bit too revealing on the lo fi/older records but he had excellent results with the other two on the rega arms. he's had a p3-24 ,p6 and now he has an audio note and p8 and used all 3 of the mentioned carts . his preference was the 103r and dynavector which he says is a great all rounder.
    Fair enough. I can't imagine you won't be thrilled with any of them to be honest.

I'm Karl.

apparently i might need a heavier counterweight for the 103r. around 150 grams? not sure if my underslung weight will be heavy enough.
    changing it isn't a possibility so may have to go for one of the others mentioned

Bigman80 Guest

apparently i might need a heavier counterweight for the 103r. around 150 grams? not sure if my underslung weight will be heavy enough.
    changing it isn't a possibility so may have to go for one of the others mentioned
    Hmmm, they do love a heavy headshell. Which cartridge was your first choice before ?

I'm Karl.

the dv 10x5 was first choice before i started the thread so might just go with my gut on it

Bigman80 Guest

the dv 10x5 was first choice before i started the thread so might just go with my gut on it
    Do it mate. If that was first choice, nothing else will be as good and you'll always wonder what it was like. You'll only end up getting one later anyway. Trust me, I've been there lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast