+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Firebottle PS1 (MM/MC) P.S name subject to change !

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Yeah i didn't expect it to have if I'm honest but if it sounds great as is then it doesn't matter.
    Maybe il put your proposal to the magician himself as i would be very happy to do that.
    Cheers for all the info matey
    enjoy
    No worries. Anytime. The Firebottle gear is fantastic.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Imagine my surprise when Alan tells me hes found a unit in asia that he believed could be the entry level Phono Stage to his range.

I thought he'd lost his mind. So after almost four hours of testing and more testing I can confirm he actually has NOT lost his mind.

So the unit starts out as a cheap and cheerful unit and Alan promptly rips out about 50% of the gubbins and replaces it with pure magic.

Here are a couple of pictures

CD for scale.

Heres the review.

We tried it with 4 amplifiers today. All of them apart from one was from Alans own collection of Firebottle amps

First up we tried it with the FB27

Straight away the vocals light up the room. The parting of Sarah Jarosz's lips as she start to draw breath for the first words is audible. Im shocked. As the bass kicks in it is nice and deep with excellent extension. The midrange is sweet with such clarity. I am surprised. The highs are very fluid and transparent.

I stop the LP and ask Alan what hes done. He laughs. We try a few more songs and its all the same. Excellent.

So we try it with the Firebottle dM1 (Dual Mono)

We start with the same songs and guess what. It better than it was just. Everything is crisper, deeper, fluidity is smoother, and the vocals are airy and light but there's a punch to it. Very impressive. So transparent with amazing clarity. Its pure.

Now the bass. Wow, its extension is longer and smoother and the decay seems to take an age. Its so good.

Next

The Monoblocks.

Again the improvements keep coming. I dont need to spell it out. So I wont. All I say is 😱

Now I know what youre thinking, "it should get better as the amplification gets better" and yes it should but thats the best bit,

The phono stage NEVER became the weak link in the chain.

Im serious, ive heard a few Phono stages and I can say this is by far the best ive heard in the sub £250 category.

Now the price should surprise you as much as the sound will.

£200. MM/MC switchable. Which is stonkingly good value for money. This PS1 is a major piece of kit.

So the usual test of "would I buy one" applies and the answer ????

Yes. I would and did. Lol. I have bought the very first unit and as always with alan, any future upgrades are available for a low cost or sometimes

I am happy to try this against any phono stage in this bracket and post my findings. If you're interested, PM me.

Alan tells me there are plans to offer a phono stage with built in passive Preamp with multiple RCA inputs.

I cant remember the price so you'll have to enquire with him.

If youre thinking of a new phono stage, give this a go. Oh, have a tissue ready to wipe the dribble off your chin from having your jaw on the floor.

Oliver

Which power amp are you using the phono stage with Oliver?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Alan.

I know Oliver has christened this phono stage as PS1, but that's too boring (sorry Oliver).

So now it is to be called the Firebottle OTP

OTP? Out The Park.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-SS-Firebottle

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I know Oliver has christened this phono stage as PS1, but that's too boring (sorry Oliver).

So now it is to be called the Firebottle OTP

OTP? Out The Park.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-SS-Firebottle
    Haha, yes. Thats much better

I'm Grant.

Ah, park
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Hi Jimbo,

Sorry, i completely missed your post !!!!

Ive added the Firebottle Monoblocks to my setup. Outstanding combo too !!

Oliver

I'm James.

Nice one Oliver, I expect with your vinyl set up this really is a superb system now.

Can't beat valves and vinyl.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Nice one Oliver, I expect with your vinyl set up this really is a superb system now.

Can't beat valves and vinyl.
    Its outrageously good Jimbo. I cant believe how good actually. I love watching the valve warm up lol

I'm James.

You should see these when they warm up! Got to choose one of these for my voltage regulation position.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bigman80 Guest

Are they all yours ? I'm jealous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast