+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New cart for OL Silver mk3a

I'm Mike.

Default New cart for OL Silver mk3a

Looking to buy a new cart for my OL Silver mk3a arm, which I use on my Heybrook TT2. Haven't used this TT in a over a year, the last cart was a Rondo Red which snapped, sad face. Before that used the Ortofon Blue - but that was with Rega RB300, this OL arm is new to me. I posted this thread on PFM aswell, and seem to have settled upon Audio Technica, as I want a MC cart (always used MM so would like to try out MC, and after briefly hearing the Rondo red I could appreciate the overall higher quality of mc), and AT seem to do quite a wide range of budget mc carts. First on list is the AT-OC9ML/II, which I've seen from UK Ebay sellers at around £350. My amps are Naim 72/140/cap, with internal naim phono boards (will be trying the Firebottle plus soon), speakers Epos ES11. Been using a 1210 with Jelco 750D arm for the past year, with a Denon DL110, I like this cart, and see others referring to its 'musicality', which seems to ring true, I'd say I prefer the Denon to the Ortofon Blue. One area I'd like to improve on is sound staging, apart from that I just want to avoid overall harshness or treble screechiness.

I'm Mike.

I'm selling an Ortofon MC25FL over in the classifieds might suit you fine.

It beat the 2m Blue when I had one to try, only changed from the Orto to an AT33PTG II as I wanted to try one of those too, then I ended up with a Zyx R100H which is a keeper.

So really I have the Ortofon and the AT surplus to requirements.

Hermit is selling an AT in the classifieds if you're interested.

Mike.

I'm Mike.

Thanks but only buy new carts.

I'm Mike.

Anyone?

I'm Paul.

Here you go: chap on pink fish selling a brand new AT33PTG/ii at a bargain price.

I'm Mike.

Thanka but I only buy carts new from retailers.

+ Reply to Thread