+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Off on my travels

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i'll go for tenerife
    I would have said Tenerife too. I recognise that seawater swimming pool in pic 1 from "A Place in the Sun" I saw a couple of years ago. There was a really smart little apartment for sale up on some high cliffs facing it, with fantastic views. It was on sale for about 70k Euros iirc. I was quite tempted, and only needed another 69,500 Euros
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I would have said Tenerife too. I recognise that seawater swimming pool in pic 1 from "A Place in the Sun" I saw a couple of years ago. There was a really smart little apartment for sale up on some high cliffs facing it, with fantastic views. It was on sale for about 70k Euros iirc. I was quite tempted, and only needed another 69,500 Euros
    probably still on sale, they never buy anything on that show. Amazing villas and apartments at knock down prices and they don't like the colour of the tiles round the swimming pool so that's a 'no'.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    probably still on sale, they never buy anything on that show. Amazing villas and apartments at knock down prices and they don't like the colour of the tiles round the swimming pool so that's a 'no'.
    We want a villa with plenty of space and a nice pool. Must be near the beach. Oh no that won't do, the crashing waves will keep me awake

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm sorted.

A place in the sun is generally full of messers who ultimately just get a free holiday on ITV. Only drawback is having to meet up with the irritating presenters including that one who says ‘communal poool’ in a very odd way.

I'm sorted.

Los Christianos today

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    A place in the sun is generally full of messers who ultimately just get a free holiday on ITV. Only drawback is having to meet up with the irritating presenters including that one who says ‘communal poool’ in a very odd way.
    Surely you don't mean our Danni? She looks like she'd be good fun on a holiday, she could even leave a stoool in my poool, I wouldn't mind

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Los Christianos today

I once got 'dragged' (forgive the pun) into a gay bar in Los Christianos. It was actually a fun evening. Got quite pissed on 'cheeky vimtos', I'd never heard of them before.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I once got 'dragged' (forgive the pun) into a gay bar in Los Christianos. It was actually a fun evening. Got quite pissed on 'cheeky vimtos', I'd never heard of them before.
    i was in a club in geneva where the star acts were men, but looked like women... you really couldn't tell and were georgous(well on the face of it lol). i think they even had knockers if i remember ...
    if i hadn't been told they were men i wouldnt have known
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

We were driving in Holland many years ago, in the small hours of the morning, when we decided we wanted a drink. Quickly found a bar that was open and on entering noticed it was a gay bar. Oh well, what the hell; we were thirsty.

It was a gay nightclub and indeed there were same-sex couples dancing. We ordered our drinks and sat down, soon to be approached by a couple of men who asked us if we wanted to dance. I thought quickly and replied "Thank you, but we are not gay" (I could have said 'straight', but that might have implied they were 'bent'.)

Having shown that we were not judgemental, we got on fine. They asked us where we were from and then spent some time talking about music: the barman let me rifle through the collection of LPs they had there to play.

I've also been in a gay bar in Cuba, and again was unmolested and treated with courtesy. I find if you accept people how you find them, and they reciprocate everything there is no trouble at all.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    We were driving in Holland many years ago, in the small hours of the morning, when we decided we wanted a drink. Quickly found a bar that was open and on entering noticed it was a gay bar. Oh well, what the hell; we were thirsty.

It was a gay nightclub and indeed there were same-sex couples dancing. We ordered our drinks and sat down, soon to be approached by a couple of men who asked us if we wanted to dance. I thought quickly and replied "Thank you, but we are not gay" (I could have said 'straight', but that might have implied they were 'bent'.)

Having shown that we were not judgemental, we got on fine. They asked us where we were from and then spent some time talking about music: the barman let me rifle through the collection of LPs they had there to play.

I've also been in a gay bar in Cuba, and again was unmolested and treated with courtesy. I find if you accept people how you find them, and they reciprocate everything there is no trouble at all.
    indeed, i agree for most part...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast