+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lurker signing in

I'm Ash.

Default Lurker signing in

Hi, my Name is Ash and I live in Corby, UK.
    I'm really keen on on getting a solid headphones-centric set up
    Currently have a Technics SL1210 bei G pushed through a Schiit stack pictures attached

Am contemplating getting a tube amp but not sure what yet

Thanks for having me

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I'm Ash.

My music tastes are Jazz and Blues mostly. Also Dub... All of it so-called 'Old School'

I'm Rob.

Welcome Ash. Which Jazz and Dub artists do you like? Dubwise I like Bill Laswell, International Observer and many others, Jazz....too many to mention, but more in the fusion/funk/ambient style.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Ash.

Hey!
    Dub tastes tend towards Scientist, Burning Spear
    Jazz wise... Slow sax/piano laden stuff like Ike Turner with Stanley Turrentine, Art Pepper, Paul Desmon and so on Also really new stuff.... Think Four80East are tremendously talented

I'm Ash.

I still prefer to buy cds and rip them to flac. Use J River to play them on my MS Surface Pro cabled to Schiit gear

I'm Ash.

I have a SL1210 from about 15 years ago that I've unbowed an wired into my headphone amp too...

I'm Ash.

Vinyl wise my tastes veer towards Grover Washington, Anita Baker, Bob James, Earl Klugh and such

I'm Geoff.

Hello Ash. Welcome to AOS.

There are quite a few valve headphone amps about. I'd suggest asking for some opinions in the Artist's Palette section. I reckon a good few members will have used valve headphone amps.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hello Ash. Welcome to AOS.

There are quite a few valve headphone amps about. I'd suggest asking for some opinions in the Artist's Palette section. I reckon a good few members will have used valve headphone amps.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    Thanks Geoff, I'll do that

I'm Grant.

Welcome Ash. Enjoy the forum
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast