+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTD: SME 309 Tonearm

I'm Clive.

Default WTD: SME 309 Tonearm

As I have 3 different cartridges on the go, I need an arm which can accommodate interchangeable headshells and after due consideration have decided that the SME 309 will fit the bill. If any of you guys would like to move one of these along, please advise in the normal way.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

Clive,you might want to contact Unique Audio up near Watford. They shift lots of SME new and used stock so might have something. Best calling as I believe the website its updated that much.
    Paul.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by flapland View Post
    Clive,you might want to contact Unique Audio up near Watford. They shift lots of SME new and used stock so might have something. Best calling as I believe the website its updated that much.
    Thanks for that. I phoned Nick at Unique Audio and asked him if he had any 309's in stock, it took him 5 phone calls including one when he asked me me how was I going to pay for said Tonearm (we hadn't even discussed cost or availability at that point). He eventually (24hrs later) came back to me me to tell me he had gone to check his stock but that his colleague had sold the one he thought he had 2 days ago. Strange man, and what a way to run a business.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Clive197 View Post
    Thanks for that. I phoned Nick at Unique Audio and asked him if he had any 309's in stock, it took him 5 phone calls including one when he asked me me how was I going to pay for said Tonearm (we hadn't even discussed cost or availability at that point). He eventually (24hrs later) came back to me me to tell me he had gone to check his stock but that his colleague had sold the one he thought he had 2 days ago. Strange man, and what a way to run a business.
    Sorry it wasn't as productive as I thought it might be, hopefully something will pop up on this or one of the other forums.
    Paul.

+ Reply to Thread