+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Squeezebox Touch and Spotify

I'm Anthony.

Default Squeezebox Touch and Spotify

Spotify has stopped working as a plugin on the Logitech Media Server:

"We have updated the Spotify App. To take advantage of these new and exciting features, please go to www.mysqueezebox.com to enable your Spotify account."

Going to My Apps on mysqueezebox.com gives me an Enable Spotify Account button, and I subsequently get a window from accounts.spotify.com telling me it's going to connect Spotify for Squeezebox to my Spotify account, with a nice big, green Okay button. Clicking Okay does not liven Spotify up in the Media Player. On my Spotify account, Spotify for Squeezebox is shown as an approved app.

So, because Spotify is an essential part of what I do with my music, are there any alternatives to the Squeezebox Touch? I need a device that will take music from a hard drive, pass it through my Beresford DAC and onwards to my stereo, all controllable (with the ability to produce play-lists from a combination of stored music and Spotify-sourced music) from my laptop.

Best wishes
    Anthony
    Quad ESL57s; Quad Elite pre-amp, mono amps, cd; Arcam T32; Michel Gyro SE (Denon DL-103R cartridge)

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Spotify is working fine here.

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

How are you running your Squeezebox Touch?
    Is it a stand alone device, or is it working on LMS running on a computer or NAS?
    Unfortunately there is no simple, stock answer to the problems you are encountering.

A lot more information is needed.
    Chris

I'm Anthony.

The Touch is connected to the network and looks to a shared folder for the music content. LMS runs on a computer and I access it via computername:9000. It works perfectly for local content. It's my inability to get the Media Server to accept that the Spotify app *is* enabled that is the problem. I'd be quite happy to swap out the hardware to get something that I can work.
    Anthony
    Quad ESL57s; Quad Elite pre-amp, mono amps, cd; Arcam T32; Michel Gyro SE (Denon DL-103R cartridge)

So you've put your Spotify login credentials in the relevant places, and clicked save where necessary?
    Have you rebooted LMS?
    Chris

I'm Anthony.

Yes and yes :-( It always used to work. Then they decided that the "new and exciting features" required a re-enable, since when I have been unable to get the enabling thing to work
    Anthony

Mine is still running version 7.7.1 - and a stripped out version at that (doesn't do transcoding or resampling on the fly).
    If you still have the installation tool for the last version you used you could uninstall the current version and reinstall the last one.
    You can find previous versions here.

The other thing to do is bring the subject up on the Slim Devices forum - Logitech still carry the website, and the development team still frequent the place.
    Don't forget that the development team do it for love, not money (that's right, they don't get paid for their excellent work).
    Chris

I'm Paul.

Definitely try the slim devices forums, some very clever bods on there. Also, I use the triode spotify app which helps remove the 'cannot play in your location' rubbish. Again, the slim devices forum is your friend there.

If you get no joy there, the cheapest and easiest alternative is a chromecast audio, but I'd be surprised if they cant get you back up and running fairly sharpish.

Spotify changed their API a little while back - that caused some problems, so you may need to update the spotify plugin on both LMS and the SBT (disab;e it and re-installing it may help). A hard power cycle of the SBT (unplug it from the mains) can help sometimes too. I used to occasionally get no sound even though the SBT appeared to be playing OK....

I'm Anthony.

I see LMS has an app "Chromecast bridge". Better, presumably, to use the Chromecast player (is there such a thing?), particularly with the Spotify requirement??
    Anthony

I'm Paul.

It lets you use a chromecast as squeezebox, so you select the CC as the device in LMS and then send to it. No point for spotify as using the app on your phone/tablet directly controls the CC, but for sending your own music via the CC, the LMS plugin is very good, in fact I think it actually sounds a bit better than my SBT...

+ Reply to Thread