+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Luxman or Accuphase owners?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm stuart.

I have a Luxman L550 aii. Naim or Cyrus it is not, far far from it.
    It has a lush wonderful BIG sound. For me it ticks every box, oodles of inputs 2 of which are balanced, superb MM/MC input for an integrated, tone controls, balance control, loudness button and, and, and don't forget - the gorgeous meters (you can switch them off if you are so inclined but it makes zero difference to the sound).
    As well as all the knobs and buttons, it's beautifully made, sounds sublime even driving Monitor Audio PL300's.
    If you can audition one you'll buy it. The only amp i'd buy to replace it would be a Luxman 590 series , just for that little bit more power

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by killie99 View Post
    I have a Luxman L550 aii. Naim or Cyrus it is not, far far from it.
    It has a lush wonderful BIG sound. For me it ticks every box, oodles of inputs 2 of which are balanced, superb MM/MC input for an integrated, tone controls, balance control, loudness button and, and, and don't forget - the gorgeous meters (you can switch them off if you are so inclined but it makes zero difference to the sound).
    As well as all the knobs and buttons, it's beautifully made, sounds sublime even driving Monitor Audio PL300's.
    If you can audition one you'll buy it. The only amp i'd buy to replace it would be a Luxman 590 series , just for that little bit more power
    Strangely enough I'm auditioning a 590AX ii at the end of the week. The 'Big lush sound' you speak of sounds just my thing. My speakers are B&W 804s's which have the same sensitivity as you PL's.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanzapp View Post
    Strangely enough I'm auditioning a 590AX ii at the end of the week. The 'Big lush sound' you speak of sounds just my thing. My speakers are B&W 804s's which have the same sensitivity as you PL's.
    Your speakers might be above average sensitivity than normal for B&W, but they still love the juice...

Also, big and lush are not adjectives I would use to describe B&W speakers, not a bad thing, but they have a drier and neutral balance IMHO.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread