+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cheap Chineseese Component Challenge

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    100Watts into 8 Ohms

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TDA7293-Di...-/172360141083

Not tried these, but suspect that they are good. I have an old Radford SPA50 that is not working, had an unsuccessful attempt at repairing it, considered putting the above modules in, would need a different mains transformer though.
    £2.75??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can it be so cheap? And if you're unsure about forking out that much money they even give you the option to make an offer! At that price it would be rude not to buy a couple.

I'm Alan.

I can't see anything remotely 'digital' about it though, it is a class AB chip.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I can't see anything remotely 'digital' about it though, it is a class AB chip.
    Good point, I missed the description knowing that it's a class AB amp, and that's what I want.
    Spendorman

I'm Jez.

100Watts into 8 Ohms

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TDA7293-Di...-/172360141083

Not tried these, but suspect that they are good. I have an old Radford SPA50 that is not working, had an unsuccessful attempt at repairing it, considered putting the above modules in, would need a different mains transformer though.
    I built a chip amp into a SPA50 case myself! The Radford could well be repairable of course, as long as it's not in the state of the one I scrapped... they are very good amps when working properly.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    I built a chip amp into a SPA50 case myself! The Radford could well be repairable of course, as long as it's not in the state of the one I scrapped... they are very good amps when working properly.
    Perhaps I'd better have another go at repairing the SPA50 before gutting it, though it I can't do it in the near future.

I guess that you may have used a chip amp that doesn't use a centre tapped transformer, out of interest, what chip amp did you use?
    Spendorman

I'm Jez.

Perhaps I'd better have another go at repairing the SPA50 before gutting it, though it I can't do it in the near future.

I guess that you may have used a chip amp that doesn't use a centre tapped transformer, out of interest, what chip amp did you use?
    I didn't use the original transformer. In this one I used TDA1514 but there are better ones around. I made an (uncased) one using LM3886 and it is in another league.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    I didn't use the original transformer. In this one I used TDA1514 but there are better ones around. I made an (uncased) one using LM3886 and it is in another league.
    The LM3886 was recommended by a BBC Engineer friend of mine.

This looks interesting: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HiFi-LM388...-/172274154282
    Spendorman

I'm Andrew.

Here's the latest lash up. The amp cost £5 delivered and is actually very good for the money. It didn't come with a PSU so an old laptop PSU had to do.

A bit of a rats nest with regards the cabling. I had it linked upto my JR149's and it controlled them quite well. I'll write a few notes up at some point.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

danilo Guest

The LM3886 was recommended by a BBC Engineer friend of mine.

This looks interesting: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HiFi-LM388...-/172274154282
    Cheap Junk.. made of Fake bits virtually ALL of them including the lm3886. Lots of info about on this..if bored

This is a Proven good sounding Lm3886 amp. Not as silly cheap though https://www.neurochrome.com/taming-t...hip-amplifier/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234