+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where next

I'm Mick.

Default Where next

My SL121O has a Timestep HE III external PSU,Original tone arm with straight through Isokinetic Isotone Cardas rewire and damped arm (This will be changed soon) Blue LED kit and Ortofon 2m Bronze cart. Isonoe isolation alloy feet. Glass platter mat.

So where now. I want a new tone arm as at the moment using technics arm rewired thats sounds ok but want better. Had a Rega RB 300 and to be honest it sounded no better than the standard rewired arm.

Whats the view on Jelco SME etc. Haven't got a endless pit of money but looking anywhere between £300-£450 ish.

Also should I wait and replace the main platter bearing as I have heard this is good upgrade but a lot at £300 for a bearing .

Please give me your ideas.Apologies if its all been asked before.

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    My SL121O has a Timestep HE III external PSU,Original tone arm with straight through Isokinetic Isotone Cardas rewire and damped arm (This will be changed soon) Blue LED kit and Ortofon 2m Bronze cart. Isonoe isolation alloy feet. Glass platter mat.

So where now. I want a new tone arm as at the moment using technics arm rewired thats sounds ok but want better. Had a Rega RG 300 and to be honest it sounded no better than the standard rewired arm.

Whats the view on Jelco SME etc. Haven't got a endless pit of money but looking anywhere between £300-£450 ash.

Also should I wait and replace the main platter bearing as I have heard this is good upgrade but a lot at £300 for a bearing .

Please give me your ideas.Apologies if its all been asked before.
    Have a look at the ianmac bearing thread on here mate.

I'd also say the jelco is a worthwhile upgrade. It suits the decks look superbly and im using one with an at150 mlx with very enjoyable results.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Kevin.

Have a look at the "IanMac bearing" thread.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Mick.

Thanks Guys

Just going to look at the thread now. Also what is the correct Jelco arm length for the 1210 ?

I'm scott.

9inch for a jelco

I'm Nathan.

I have an IanMac bearing and I'm quite happy with it. I also see quite a few recommendations for the KAB tonearm damper.
    We the willing, working for the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
    We have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

I'm Mike.

Hi Mick

I have a Jelco you might like
    You have mail

Mike
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mick.

Thanks everyone. Iam very interested in the bearing upgrade (eventually)but I think I may get the best initial gains from a tone arm upgrade. i love the look of the Jelco arms and previously tried the Rega rewired RB300 route and I can honestly say it made no noticeable difference to my rewired standard arm. Plus not a massive lover of the build quality.

Michael you should have mail

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    Thanks everyone. Iam very interested in the bearing upgrade (eventually)but I think I may get the best initial gains from a tone arm upgrade. i love the look of the Jelco arms and previously tried the Rega rewired RB300 route and I can honestly say it made no noticeable difference to my rewired standard arm. Plus not a massive lover of the build quality.

Michael you should have mail
    The Jelco arms have a lovely engineered feel to them and look great on the technics, far more so than the regas imo.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Mick.

Well the Jelco SA-750 is on thanks to MikeMusic above for the support. The arm with my bronze cart has totally transformed the clarity of the deck. The standard rewired arm is 110% over standard Technics but the Jelco is in a different league.
    Now just got to decide if the bearing is worth the big expense or is it just a placebo effect. Do people change it just because they can. Or is money better spent on a new cart ?

Any advice greatly accepted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast